Mat Jackson secured race three honours with victory in the final Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship race of the weekend at Brands Hatch.

Jackson was able to hold on ahead of a hard-charging Matt Neal to take his first victory of the season and move up to fifth in the championship standings.

With the circuit drying out, a number of cars elected to start on a mix of dry and wet tyres, but the two Airwaves BMWs weren't amongst them - instead starting on wets all round.

Related Articles

Jackson settled into third at the start behind Tom Boardman and team-mate Steven Kane with Rob Collard and James Nash following behind; the top five all running on wet tyres and breaking away as a result.

The Safety Car was deployed when Arthur Forster went off into the gravel at Surtees, coming out in front of Alex MacDowall and Dave Pinkney - who were dicing for sixth place and top honours amongst those on a mix of slicks/wets.

The wet runners continued to lead on the restart but following another caution period - for MacDowall being pushed off by Chilton at Paddock and Pinkney going straight on at Druids - it became clear that the wet tyres were past their best.

A charging Matt Neal and Andrew Jordan both got ahead of Boardman, who had slipped back from his early lead, and Neal then charged past both Rob Collard and Kane into second. However, he ultimately fell just short of catching Jackson and had to settle for second place.

Kane took third place for an Airwaves 1-3 ahead of Collard and Jordan, while Chilton came through from the back of the field to take sixth place. Nash and Boardman took seventh and eighth, with Gordon Shedden and Tom Onslow-Cole rounding out the top ten - both having gambled on slicks all round at the start.

Lea Wood had started the final lap in ninth place but slipped back to finish just outside the points in eleventh, while Matt Hamilton, Andy Neate, Martin Depper and Arthur Forster rounded out those cars still running at the finish.

Jason Plato suffered disappointment for the second race of the weekend when he failed to finish, pulling off circuit in the early stages of the race while Paul O'Neill failed to make it to the start when an engine issue forced him to pull off on the green flag lap.