F1 » Spanish Grand Prix 2013: McLaren urge caution

Jonathan Neale urges caution as McLaren prepares to bring a series of upgrades for the Spanish Grand Prix in Barcelona

oldtimer - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 3:21 PM

I suspect their are so many things that need to change that it is going to take several races before we see which way things are going. By then of course we will be getting towards the halfway point in the season and their chances and Buttons will have gone up in smoke if their is not a radical improvement. Have to hope they hit the nail on the head!

nealio

May 08, 2013 9:06 PM

He goes on and on and says nothing of interest. You would think McLaren had some terrific secret to their vast success this year that he is sworn to secrecy about, boring. He is cautious though.

Firestorm - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 12:23 AM

I really hope that McLaren makes signifiant gains this time. I am not their fan but a season without competitives Ferraris and McLarens is not really Formula 1. Hope I am not misunderstood, I know very well that this site has plenty of people who cheers the other teams, but one should consider the F1 traditions. If an Energy drink based team wins everytime....that's not good for this sport.

richard

May 09, 2013 7:59 AM

firestorm. whilst it is great to see more teams in the mix, I am puzzled by your last comment.
why is an "energy drink based team" winning bad for the sport? if a mobile phone based team were winning everything, would that be bad for the sport too? or (as in the past) a tobacco based team winning etc etc.
someone HAS to win, and if that means the best team/driver combo, so be it. it is up to the other teams to catch up!

Heath - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 10:38 AM

So much negative feedback towards McLaren this year. Slow start? Yes. But I don't think it's as bad a car as McLarens 2009 menace. That car was terrible and it still ended up winning races from mid season. This car will surprise sooner rather then later. Everyone knows it. It will swing very quick.

bob - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 12:01 PM

@Gilles

"Start by getting two drivers who are able to wring its neck! "

Like Hamilton you mean?

Remind me again how many races in 2009 until Hamilton was able to ring the neck of the MP4-24 enough to get it on the podium?

bob - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 1:22 PM

Hamilton's technical input and setup/development feedback for the team about the 2009 MP4-24.

And I quote -

"It's embarrassing. I can't even keep up with the fricken Renault in front of me, my tyres have gone off, I'm heavier than a freaken boat. Guys you need to build me a new car, we need a new car to be able to win these races."

Truly the words of a setup/development technical feedback genius!

And the funniest thing is when Button gets on the radio to tell the team he has under steer through whatever corner under braking etc. he is called a whiner! For giving ACTUAL technical feedback!!

1 2  »