Cars » Webber expects Vettel at Ferrari

Mark Webber says he one day expects current Red Bull partner Sebastian Vettel to join Ferrari

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Marksman

September 13, 2013 3:00 PM

I don't necessarily agree. It is every driver's dream to drive for Ferrari. We've seen drivers go from back marker teams to be Ferrari test drivers. Seb is on pace to shatter every record in F1 and RBR only looks to be gaining steam in their development. Maybe if the SF make leaps in their development (which they are destined to) and Adrian Newey has a massive stroke then maybe. Maybe I'm in denial and don't want to see Seb in one of my beloved Ferraris.

richard

September 13, 2013 3:15 PM

marksman. why would you not want to see seb in your beloved Ferrari perhaps he could be the one that brings them back to greatness again, just as schumi did. after all, the present incumbent hasn't done so.
I love Ferrari too, and if seb decides to try his luck there, then great. if not, am sure that he will continue to keep rbr at the top of the pile!

whitew

September 13, 2013 3:33 PM

Webber making mischief..............

Why swap the best team for a team that's not been on the pace in recent years. Drivers have been outperforming the machinery for the last 5 years at Ferrari.

rou

September 13, 2013 4:08 PM

Never hear webber speak any dribble, always tells it how it is. If you think vettel won't end up in a Ferrari your a tad silly. I think it's more down to the fact of how much longer Newey hangs around in formula 1 as to how long vettel stays at red bull. Vettel and Newey are a dream team.

Marksman

September 14, 2013 1:31 AM

Richard, I just don't like the guy. I have no particular reasoning. The kid is an extraordinary talent but I'm just not a fan. That being said... I held similar feelings toward Alonso during his tenure at Renault. I was not a fan Kimi while at Ferrari but now I just love the guy. Glad to see him coming back. All in all I believe I'm just not a fan of RBR. Adrian Newey is a genius! Seb is a very good driver. I think what it boils down to for me is the other teams manufacture cars. RBR manufactures energy drinks. To me it just taints the pedigree of F1 a bit and I truly believe that is my real problem.

Objective

September 14, 2013 7:00 AM

In a couple of years Newey will go back to his beloved yachts because he has made no secret of his frustration at the ever tightening regulations. Then would be the perfect time for Vettel to move to Ferrari. I believe that in 2010 and 2012 there was little separating RBR and Ferrari cars in terms of performance. Alonso's poor qualifying is largely to blame for his narrowly missing out on those championships.

At the start of the season this year Alonso said the car was 200% better than last year but he is doing worse.

I can see Vettel in red in 2 or 3 years.

DontTalkNonsense

September 14, 2013 7:44 AM

Ferrari is a bucket list thing for just about every driver on the grid. To be honest, the way Seb is going, he'll relish the challenge in 2 years time to take Ferrari back to the glory days. He'll have achieved everything he dreamed of with Red Bull.
If he wasn't contracted for next season he probably would've gone.