DTM » Mercedes not signing Ralf 'for the headlines'.

Iain Langmaid - Unregistered

February 07, 2008 6:01 PM

I think it is a good idea for Schumacher to get an 2007 C Klasse so he can learn he circuits in a older C Klasse which would allow a more experienced DTM driver such as Di Resta or La Rosa to get a 2008 Mercedes C Klasse who would be more competitive than Schumacher in my opinion, and should be good enough possibly get a new C Klasse at a later date.

Calvin - Unregistered

February 07, 2008 6:03 PM

If he uses his head, he'll use it to learn the formula. On the other hand, he might see it as a smear that he, a former F1 STAR, has to race in a year old car. Anyway, I'm sure Mercedes isn't signing him for the headlines, coz they could only be BAAAD.

Iain Langmaid - Unregistered

February 07, 2008 6:20 PM

If I was Norbert Haug I would make sure that he got a year old Mercedes and give someone like Paffett or Di Resta the fourth 2008 Mercedes C Klasse as they are both more experienced in DTM in comparison to Schumacher, but he would still be competitive in a 2007 C Klasse though. Last season Paffett won in a 2006 Mercedes C Klasse and Di Resta was ultra competitive in a 2005 C Klasse.

Iain Langmaid - Unregistered

February 07, 2008 6:28 PM

OZF1Fan - Unregistered

February 07, 2008 7:54 PM

Hey, we all knew where Ralfie was headed when Toyota gave him the boot. Didn't we?
That silly play he played, driving the Force India cars for a couple of days was ponitless, because he was never interested on getting the drive anyway.

Ralfie will be driving where a german driver is supposed to: the DTM.

Suzy - Unregistered

February 18, 2008 1:46 PM

Now Ralf is officially announced at Mercedes for the DTM drive! I'm not really a fan of his but I hope he will do well, because I can't stand that he is bashed by some "fans" all the time. I haven't seen a driver being bashed as much as he and I don't think he deserves that. He is not one of the best but he is a good driver and people should respect him more!