DTM » Ralf: I know I'm not greatest of all time.

Suzy - Unregistered

February 20, 2008 11:45 AM

I know he will be again a subject of mocking for this comment, but I'd like to ask those he enjoy bashing him: what has he done to you? Is it so much fun to kick the guy who is down?
I think Ralf knows exactly how to rate himself - and that can't be said of every F1 driver. Why don't people bash those who seem to think of themselves they are the best thing since sliced bread?
If anything I think Ralf is seriously underrated. He is not among the greatest, but also not so bad that he deserves all the bashing and mocking he gets! He is a good racing driver.

badger baiter

February 20, 2008 12:20 PM

suzy - where are the results? he's had many more chances than many more deserving drivers.
I think the reason he gets knocked so much is because he's had drives that could have been given to more deserving drivers..

melonfarmer - Unregistered

February 20, 2008 12:33 PM

I must admit I've supported the boy Ralf over the years (it's become more difficult recently), but these comments must be of the same level as his "I'm one of the top 3 in F1" comments last year. "Fun" and "giving it his all" are two qualities I wouldn't associate with Ralf. Silverstone 1998, Spa '98 and France 2003 are about all I will remember Ralf for. Oh, and taking off his team-mate (Fisi) in Argentina in 1997 when either of them could have won. Michael hasn't been missed so what does that say for Ralf's chances of being remembered at all? It's a tough world this F1 lark...

mario - Unregistered

February 20, 2008 1:41 PM

He was never one of my favorits but you will not win 6 GP's and 329 pnt if you're not a desent driver. And maybe he will find some fun in DTM and we will find out that he isn't the arrogant person we all thought he was. So come on Ralf, proof all of us wrong and give us some fireworks this year.

RENO SP

February 20, 2008 2:06 PM

Every driver makes mistakes in his carreer decisions and Ralf had made his when he refused Mclaren-Mercedes offer to become their test driver in 1997 electing to join Jordan as a driver instead, when he was still 22. Since then he drove for Williams and Toyota, two teams that were going nowhere during his time with them.
As he said , who knows what could have been? It's no use crying on spilt milk now, Ralf.

S - Unregistered

February 20, 2008 3:05 PM

Not my favorite driver as he seemed to get chances due to his name more than anything (considering other drivers he was racing with).

Personally I was amazed that his career wasn't over when he was in a Jordan behind Hill (can't remember where), moved to let his brother past and then complained after the race that Hill made him work for it. Something along the lines of 'He [Michael] was fighting for the championship, Hill and I were not so why didn't he just move over like I did'. Why? Becaused he is a racing driver and was racing. Not supporting a family member... If his attitude has improved since then fine, but I stopped listening to him after that point.

Iain Langmaid - Unregistered

February 20, 2008 6:20 PM

Well he was always quick sometimes the car was not reliable when it should have been and shown he could compete for the top 6 apart from the last 2 or 3 years in Toyota which was quite frankly appalling. But I am sure he will enjoy DTM and he will be successful once he has mastered all of the circuits in the DTM.

1 2  »