DTM » Mercedes hail 'sensational' di Resta

Filter Comments: All | Registered

wasabi - Unregistered

October 06, 2008 3:34 PM

GP2 is more likely - even if di Resta doesn't win DTM this year, he has made his point. I really hope he gets picked up by a GP2 team because he beat Vettel fair and square in F3 a couple of years ago and look at him now. He is a talent that could be forgotten if someone doesn't take a chance now!

CM - Unregistered

October 06, 2008 3:44 PM

What an awesome race it was! Shame about Motors TV still having the 3 second sound delay! Does anyone else have that prob by the way??? Well done Paul.

Tim Burr - Unregistered

October 06, 2008 4:26 PM

Carlton Kirby has to be the worst commentator I have ever heard! Quite why he is in employment is beyond me,surely there has to be someone better?I spend much of my time squirming at his attepts to identify the cars and drivers and at the a[alling way he mangles the English language! Get rid of him Motors!!!

wasabi - Unregistered

October 06, 2008 5:00 PM

Don't get me started on them! How long did they go shouting (and they do shout!) that Di Resta was leading when it was in fact Scheider? I know some of the paintwork is similar down that grid, but it's not like they drive the same car! While I guess it's easy for me to say this from the comfort of the sofa, I can tell the difference between the drivers and cars, so I expect the commentators - with all their figures, technology etc in front of them - to be able to do the same.

Also the inane conversation between him and the other one, as well as the random comments (Schneider is 'vindictive' apparently!) drives me a bit mad! Anyway... rant over! :p

Iain Langmaid - Unregistered

October 06, 2008 7:11 PM

There is no doubt that Paul Di Resta is an outstanding talent and has a great future ahead of him in motorsport. There is rumours that Di Resta may get a ride in a GP2 for next season possibly 2010. I don't believe that he will get a ride in Formula 1 in the next two years but maybe in the long term he will get with McLaren being the most likely team depending on how Kovalainen's performances.

FooAtari .

October 06, 2008 9:58 PM

It was a great race. I thought it was all over for Di Resta but was a great come back. Cant wait for Hockenheim.

I believe he ended up in DTM due to lack of funding for GP2. That money comes before talent is a sad refelection on the motorsport ladder, many great drivers have faded away due to not having the money to go further. DTM is a grat series though, and Di Rista is showing what he can do, hopefully someone in GP2/F1 is taking notice.