F1 » Williams reveals 2009 livery

pot - Unregistered

February 28, 2009 2:49 AM

ahhh, williams,a proper f1 team, hopefully they will go well, nobody actually dislikes them, do they? rosberg needed a better team-mate last year to pitch himself against i think, needed a wurz or a webber, maybe this year..............i think they will be be up higher tho than ppl think.
one more thing, what does anybody think the best williams driver line up was the best in the history of the team? for me 1986, mansell-piquet.

FreQ

February 28, 2009 3:17 AM

Love the Williams team since I started watching F1 back in 94, but I've gotta agree with some of the peeps in this thread - what are those winglets doing on the car? They are banned from 2009 right?

Much as I want Williams to do well, they should not get overlooked. The car looks great, but those winglets should be banned/removed, no exceptions.

nedted

February 28, 2009 4:22 AM
Last Edited 2034 days ago

Appendages and flip-ups are not banned, just banned in most areas on and around the chassis. The skate fins, cunningly, look to be right on the outside of the dimensions where appendages are banned.

The placing of the fins, if they work, are therefore very clever, a bit cheeky, but perfectly legal.

Luke - Unregistered

February 28, 2009 9:28 AM

The blue seems brighter than in previous seasons and I am not as much a fan of the livery as I was of last seasons', but being a long term Williams fan I love the car. Not too sure about the driver flappy parts, but I just hope that the car can go fast. I also have low expectations (in my head, although my heart has already seen Williams sew up the title). Good luck to the team. And roll on when Nico Hulkenberg gets a race seat in place of Kaz.

Hannah - Unregistered

February 28, 2009 1:39 PM

As I've already said I love this car BUT the Force India :-o ! It's AMAZING! :D
If you haven't seen it go on itv-f1.com, although it's not properly unveiled till tomorrow they have released a picture early. :)
:D :-o :D :-o :D :-o :D

JDS - Unregistered

March 05, 2009 2:55 AM

Williams wingdingies do not add downforce, they channel air to the rear wing. loophole, Driver protection/75 mm. or some such. Still, great looking Car :)

« 1 2