F1 » Vettel waters down Button lead with British GP glory

Jenny - Unregistered

June 21, 2009 3:10 PM

Awesome drive from Vettel today - pretty much dominated the race weekend. I'd like to have seen what Webber could have done had he not been tucked up behind Rubens, but I couldn't see the actual result being any different.

Best thing though was the fantastic reception from the fans at Silverstone. They cheered Vettel with real meaning - great to see. How so very different to the half empty grandstands of Turkey a couple of weeks ago.

Ak - Unregistered

June 21, 2009 3:30 PM

F1 should change its name to formula yawn yawn!

the only exciting part of the race was when the bmw's and and renaults were holding off hamilton

Ak - Unregistered

June 21, 2009 3:34 PM

even a force india managed to sneak into top 10 with that mercedes engine..

mclaren managed p17.. good job hammy.. good job mclaren!

suddenly .. the off-track race for control of F1 seems more interesting than the on-track race

XHannahX

June 21, 2009 3:43 PM

An amazing drive from Vettel today, he was untouchable! Personally I'm a little annoyed with Kimi who held up Webber yesterday, if Webber had been able to get 2nd in qualy we would have had a far more exciting victory fight.
I really do believe that McLaren is the worst car on the field, you could hear that Hamilton was right on the engine limiter and it was still slow, especially on the straight, and had next to no grip. Scrap that car! Loved the doughnuts though, real crowd pleaser!
Good consistent drive by Rubens, a well deserved podium! :)

:D

XHannahX

June 21, 2009 3:47 PM

Is it just me, or was anyoneelse disappointed by Button's comments after the race? I mean he said it was almost impossible to overtake at this track, and I just felt like saying, well why could everyone else do it then?! Then he didn't even mention Rubens and his podium. I sensed he didn't really want to be there at all, you are still leading the wdc, smile!!! :)

Tyrone - Unregistered

June 21, 2009 5:03 PM

XHannahX You really are becoming very boring with you Hamilton Fetish, best keep it for the pages of the girlie mags I think. Whilst your at it, please don't become a fan girl on the MotoGP site!!

XHannahX

June 21, 2009 5:12 PM
Last Edited 1981 days ago

Tyrone- Did I even mention Hamilton in that last post? I don't think so! :p
Maybe if there weren't so many 'Hamilton Haters', I wouldn't want to post so many comments in support of Lewis Hamilton (the best driver on the grid!). :)
Nah, girly mags (as great as they are) don't have anything close to motorsport which is what I love so looks like you're stuck with me! :p
I slightly invaded the motogp threads last Sunday after that amazing race, and before you ask (coz I can sense how desperatly you want to know!), I support Lorenzo!
If you don't like my posts then simple DON'T READ THEM!!!

:D