F1 » Lauda: Schu should replace Massa; Ferrari testers 'useless'

Bodie78 - Unregistered

July 27, 2009 8:57 PM

Shumacher should stay away. Look what happened to Mansell won championship in 92 on a high went to Indy Car won on First attempt. Then came back to F1 in 1995 and was a flop. Ok I know the car was bad and I mean bad but I would say better to be know as 7 time World Champion as the man that came back and was a flop.

I would suggest Anthony Davidson, Garry Paffett (Thought probably contracted to Mercedes), Gorgio Pantano remeber him?

Long shot Danica Patrick.

Thought who ever it is they would need to have some testing before Valencia.

stevenb7582 - Unregistered

July 27, 2009 9:01 PM

Let's see...Schumi a great choice to finish the year. If only he would agree. However, Formula One would be more exciting if only there was an injection of real determination, skill, and never say die attitude. Formula One needs someone who races hard every race. Formula One needs to drop the whining status quo that exists since the Great Schumacher retired. Hamilton and Alonso win only if the car is superior. Raikonnen,"the Iceman", No PASSION! Vettel clearly the best at this time. Formula One needs passion and determination American style. NO holds barred, go or blow, KYLE BUSCH talent on loan to NASCAR until someone discovers his potential. Ferrari needs passion Kyle Busch style.

mrdood - Unregistered

July 27, 2009 9:14 PM

Hannah, Richard, anybody else...

come on guys! I'm pretty young and even I remember that Gene and Badoer were team mates at Minardi for the entire of the 1999 season. Badoer crashed out of 4th at the Nurburgring in the pouring rain, while Gene went on to finish 6th as Johnny Herbert one :)

Gene also raced for the whole of the 2000 season. But he was a bit pants. Maybe he's good in sportscars, yes.

mrdood - Unregistered

July 27, 2009 9:16 PM

*Jonny Herbert won. 'won'. :D

anyway, you know who we really want?

oh, we want Eddie, we want Eddie, we want Eddie, we want Eddie, we want Eddie, we want Eddie, we want Eddie, we want Eddie, we want Eddie, we want Eddie!

EDDIE IRVINE!
EDDIE IRVINE!
EDDIE IRVINE!

All the way.....

Alan D - Unregistered

July 27, 2009 9:21 PM

I'd like to see Schuey in there just so I could see him race once against Hamilton, but I don't think it will happen.

Can't see Alonso getting the drive. I tinkthe ban was harsh but surely it applies to him as well as the team. You could argue that out of all the people who made mistakes, Alonso made the biggest. He surely knew his wheel was coming off. He could have driven more slowly, or just pulled off the track. If the wheel hadn't gone bouncing then the FIA probably wouldn't have done anything.

Remember Renault are going to appeal but it will not be heard for a couple of weeks. Ferrari need to find a driver soon. They can't afford to wait to see the outcome of the Renault case.

Kenneth Ramsey

July 27, 2009 9:36 PM

I think Weber has said Schumacher won't do it. Badoer and Gene haven't been doing a lot lately either so I can see where Lauda is coming from (although it's a bit harsh).

I can't see them doing an Alonso deal unless the knew Massa wouldn't be back this year.

They need someone that's been very active lately, with great experience and can get to grips with the cars very quickly.

Yes, that's right. Villeneuve in a Ferrari again. The right choice and the bonus of being a PR master stroke :)

alex - Unregistered

July 27, 2009 9:38 PM

Jenson Button, the Second best driver in F1, after Lewis obviously, would be ideal, Brawn seem to have pi$$ed in Mr Bridgestone's coffee and he could continue his trully excellent season in a points capable car.

Sorry Ross.

Mark _

July 27, 2009 9:39 PM

I hope it will be Bourdais. That would be the ultimate f-u to STR for getting rid of him prior to the updates. This would be a good oportunity to see what he could do with a more competitive car. I don't see Schu doing it. Although I never expected Lance Armstrong to do another Tour de France either.

If it is Alonso then so be it. Massa is probably out for the season anyway and Kimi is probably not coming back next year.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »