F1 » How the grid might look F1 2010 style...

Taz - Unregistered

August 14, 2009 9:56 AM

Not so sure on the McLaren Williams one although is Rosberg goes to McLaren and doesn't get equal treatment it might ruin his reputation but I doubt Williams will do anything better than best of the midfield next year again so why stay there.

PhilW - Unregistered

August 14, 2009 10:09 AM

Adam Carroll? Hardly likely to have to the sponsors falling over each other to write huge cheques to Manor.

Campos - either De La Rosa OR Pantano, but not both.

Jim W - Unregistered

August 14, 2009 10:13 AM

Manor, like the other new teams, have said they'd like to run an experienced driver in 2010, so while both Carroll and di Resta could get the drive (as could Lucas di Grassi) I'd be surprised if they were both there. Someone like Heidfeld could well end up in one of their seats.

Piercarlogassolini - Unregistered

August 14, 2009 11:02 AM

If I were running a new team (and in some ways I feel I am), I'd want three things from my two drivers. One who had a reputation for setting a car up/identifying where the speeds being lost. One who was just blindingly quick. And one who was carrying a big wad of cash. So in my F1-world, any driver who had two or more of these three stands a better chance. I think Rubens still has a role if he wants it with a smaller team.

DBL

August 14, 2009 11:15 AM

@ Alastair - Kimi might have a contract but doesn't mean he will be driving. If they want they can pay him off in a multi-million euro settlement, which for Kimi is I believe in the region of 25million. It's been done before.

Alan D - Unregistered

August 14, 2009 11:36 AM

It looks like Toyota will be sticking with Jarno Trulli and Timo Glock, but at this stage I think JT is the wrong choice for them. I've nothing against JT but he is good in qualifying but often turns into a mobile road block during the race. I think Toyota, like some other teams, think they can throw money at the car and then put a reasonable driver in it to win races. It hasn't worked so far. They really need a driver who can catch headlines and build a car around him, someone who is fast, someone who can get people talking about Toyotas. Who though? If Kimi wants to stay in F1 but doesn't enjoy the Ferrari culture, turning him into Mr Toyota might work for everyone.

1 2 3 4 5 6  »