F1 » Hamilton: People love winners.

andrewm

August 17, 2009 1:46 PM

I read this and thought it said weiners. Oops.

I'm a personand I don't love him. Tore hole in that didn't I. Is this site a Hamilton fanzine or a motorsport site. I mean seriously, look at how many Hamilton related storys there are - 3 so far.

Smokin.Jo - Unregistered

August 17, 2009 2:06 PM

Andrew,you are British,as is Hamilton,he is the current World Champion,crash.net is a British site,it is now the lead up to the European GP when journalists are starting to interview drivers after the summer recess,crash.net need posters to satisfy their site sponsors and who better to get the counter ticking overthan another Hamilton story which allows people like you to bleat on again!Do you really think Hamilton sits there making up quotes to wind you up?Get a life,find something more rewarding to do with your time!!

Fred - Unregistered

August 17, 2009 2:08 PM

andrewm, you obviously don't have a job as you must run the Lewis Hamilton hate site, as well as posting absolute sh1te on any crash.net article about Lewis Hamilton. I think you need to seek help for your pathological hatred.

alex - Unregistered

August 17, 2009 2:17 PM

Hamilton is a lovely guy as well as the best driver currently out there. If you understand F1 and know what you are looking at, you probably also already view him as one of the all time greats, clearly better at overtaking on the brakes than Schumi or Senna let alone any of his peers. If you really cannot see this, I strongly suggest you are driven by a hatred of his Race or Nation.

andrewm

August 17, 2009 2:19 PM

Fred/autogyro - I would just like to see other happenings get a mention rather than just focus on one person. If I post sh1te, what is it that we call your pro-Mosley rhetoric?

And I do have a job, just so you know.

grantrd - Unregistered

August 17, 2009 2:25 PM

alex............you taking the piss right????
go wash your mouth out now.......better than Senna at overtaking...hahahahahahahahaha....hahahahahahahah
hamilton makes a few overtakes in a sport now that sees maybe two or three a race and he is all of a sudden better at it than Senna was........did you ever watch Senna??????????????

robsurrey - Unregistered

August 17, 2009 2:28 PM

I don't totally agree with him, I think the driver who starts near the back and battles to second or third will get more appreciation than the one in the best car who wins from pole position. Jensen may be ahead in the championship but I still believe Lewis is the more talented entertaining driver. As for the Hamilton fanzine bit, he is the defending champion in F1 and this is the F1 section. Schumacher has had more articles than Lewis recently anyway.

Jenny - Unregistered

August 17, 2009 2:43 PM

Sure people love 'some' winners - but winners that have either a sense of humility or character to go with their talent. Not all World Champions have been loved, so talent doesn't always mean adulation.

Senna was loved for his brilliance on track but also his unnasuming nature off it. He was human in all he did, flaws and all.

Mansell was loved for his never say die attitude on track - Berger was popular for behaving like an actual human being instead of some corporate product.

The best example today of a brilliant talent who is loved is Valentino Rossi - talented and a smashing guy to go with it.

XHannahX

August 17, 2009 3:35 PM

I think that if you are a true fan of a driver then you will stay loyal to that driver where ever they happen to be on the grid.
My friend's brother REALLY annoys me, at the beginning of 2007 he liked Alonso then when Hamilton began winning he supported Hamilton, then Raikkonen won the WDC it was all Kimi, then 2008 started as liking Kimi, then Hamilton won some more races, then Kubica had some good results, then Massa and now he won't hear a bad word said against Button. :rolleyes:
Hamilton has had 2 excellent seasons, and this one he had a poor car, doesn't mean he's any worse of a driver which is why I was always still 100% behind him and KNEW that he would win again!
GO LEWIS!:D:D

Neil - Unregistered

August 17, 2009 4:09 PM

You'll hear commentators make remarks after people like Webber or Kovi break their duck 'a popular victory'. It's hard to explain, but when these guys win you're happy for them even when they're not the team or driver you follow.

The memorable bits of Hamilton for me are his refusal to admit his mistake or apologize to Kimi in Canada 08. His apology following melb 09 'I'm sorry / i was misled...'. I respect the mans talent, but not the man.

I once felt the same about button - his chop and change contracts made a lot of people doubt his character. He's battled through, grown up, learned when to shut up basically, when to take it on the chin. He's earned the support he gets now.

1 2 3 4 5  »