F1 » European Grand Prix - Friday free practice (1)

JJ - Unregistered

August 21, 2009 11:25 AM

You see, I told you Badoer would be 2s slower a lap than Raikkonen and people told me I was a fool. A former F3000 champion could never be that slow.

Well what do you know?

I hope he can get within 1s during the weekend, otherwise he would be even slower than Valentino Rossi.

W - Unregistered

August 21, 2009 11:40 AM

Well, Ferrari had no other option. Every other team has younger drivers in other championships, but Ferrari doesn't. Maybe they should change that, instead of relying on older test drivers or a former champion that retired 3 years ago.

Darren - Unregistered

August 21, 2009 12:29 PM

GO Luca Badoer! Good first session. I expect him to be on one of the first 3 rows come qualifying!

Forza Luca, an Italian driver winning in a Ferrari!?

Fingers Crossed!

XHannahX

August 21, 2009 12:44 PM

Really did make me laugh when Kovi went the wrong way and ended up in the pitlane, probably an easy mistake to make but still funny :D

The front wing that Kovalainen was using didn't seem to give him that mauch extra over Hamilton, so we'll see what Lewis can do with it this afternoon. Nice to see both of them up the top though.

6 10ths between the Brawns is quite a big gap, even if it is only practice so I wonder what's going on there.

And I really truly hope that Sutil can keep that position at the top and that the updates on the Force India is the 7 10th difference being talked about.

Qualifying is going to be great!!! :D

andrewm

August 21, 2009 12:51 PM

I wish I could share your view of qualifying being great. But it has been a boring specticle since it was split into 3 parts. The old system of 12 laps in an hour was so much better.

andrewm

August 21, 2009 1:45 PM

Optimistic is too much effort. Easier to be pessimistic than surprised when something good happens. :p

Yeah it's a nice thought.

Badoer's helmet has a similar message. :)

XHannahX

August 21, 2009 1:57 PM

Nah, being optimistic is far better coz even if things don't go to plan you stay optimistic and happy! :D

Anyway, I'm off to France for a week in a few minutes :p I will definatly be watching the race on Sunday and if I can get a wifi connection I'll be sure to comment after the race, if not I'm sure you'll all beable to guess my reaction anyway, then I'll be home in time to see Spa. :D

1 2  »