F1 » POLL: Who should race Massa's Ferrari at Monza?

XHannahX

August 31, 2009 5:45 PM

Well of course Massa SHOULD race HIS Ferrari,but I'd rather he made sure he was 100% healthy first.
Schumacher would still bring some excitement-but if he can't race he can't race!
Fisichello,thinking long term, should stay at Force India where he knows he'll get a drive for the rest of this season (not guaranteed at Ferrari) and perhaps next year (pretty unlikely at Ferrari seen as there are already more drivers than Ferraris for 2010)

SO...ANTHONY DAVIDSON,I know he's with Brawn but as like the 3rd reserve driver,which is a rubbish position, I say rip up the contract and jump into a Ferrari for a few races, he can show what he can do and get a seat for 2010 with a different team!
:D

andrewm

August 31, 2009 5:52 PM

What a daft poll in my opinion!

Schumacher for a start has ruled out a return, Massa still has health concerns, Anthony Davidson is contracted to be Brawns 3rd driver, to name 3 of the drivers.

Hannah - I too would like to see Anthony Davidson in the Ferrari but it won't happen whilst he is Brawn's 3rd driver. If he goes to Ferrari for a few races, there is nothing to stop "secrets" being passed to Ferrari. Brawn would never ware it.

The report on this is worth a look on the BBC. The cat is well and truley put of the bag it would seem either that or it is a giant wind-up.

JJ - Unregistered

August 31, 2009 5:59 PM

Actually I think Alex Wurz is officially Brawn's reserve driver, he had a contract with Honda and Brawn had to take that over as well. However, neither Davidson nor Wurz have had or will have any seat time in the Brawn.

I chose for Ant too though. A rookie like borto or Bianchi would be interesting, but I think Ferrari don't even have a simulator (otherwise I Badoer could be a little better I should think) so that would be the definition of throwing them at the lions. Of the experienced drivers without contract on the list Davidson is probably the fastest. I'd rather see Taku in there because I think he's a little quicker still.

Piquet and Bourdais don't deserve to be on that list at all.

Alec X - Unregistered

August 31, 2009 7:02 PM

Andrewm speaks the truth. Regarding Fisichella Stefano Domenicali apparently said "I cannot say whether the speculation is true or not." Which basically means yes.

andrewm

August 31, 2009 7:17 PM

I've read a couple quotes by the Force India team manager which hint strongly at Fisi being in a Ferrari. Now they are either using this as a PR stunt to draw publicity to Force India OR Fisi will be wearing red at Monza.

richard

August 31, 2009 8:25 PM

andrew, where do you get your info from? this move has been denied by ferrari AND force india. after his good showing on sunday, FI would be totally mad to release fisi. the only way it could happen would be for ferrari to write a very large cheque to keep FI afloat. this is highly unlikely as there are many young guns who would leap at the chance, and anyway, it is only for a race or two probably. fisi is worth more to FI in terms of points/rewards. further ferrari have given up on both titles, so why waste money??

andrewm

August 31, 2009 8:41 PM

I was reading the Force India team manager's quotes on the BBC. Either he is fibbing or Ferrari are.

Also, consider that FI apparently still owe Ferrari some cash for last years engines.

XHannahX

August 31, 2009 9:02 PM

The commerial director seemed 99% sure that Ferrari were going to call V J Mallya in the next 24 hours and that he wouldn't beable to say no to releasing Fisichella. Surely he knows something?

:D

rob01

August 31, 2009 9:13 PM

So I am to believe that Ferrari is willing to forgive a bunch of debt to run Fisi in a slower car? They have already conceded this year and all the sudden they have to get Fisi. I know Badoer sucks but a knee jerk reaction to a short term problem seems stupid. I say Fisi stays at FI. Betcha a beer.

1 2 3  »