F1 » Kovalainen calls for F1 test ban to be lifted

Filter Comments: All | Registered

robert s - Unregistered

September 10, 2009 11:38 AM

i agree something has to be done to give test drivers nd young drivers a chance. They should bring back the 3rd driver on a friday. And maybe have a practice session on thursday aswell. Or like moto gp a test day on the monday after the race.

robert s - Unregistered

September 10, 2009 11:51 AM

or something id like to see is a 3rd car for teams, this will mean more data to teams so less testing in season needed. as for williams blocking that idea, just nominate 2 cars to score points, or increase the points down to lower postions, sure wrc had something like this

andrewm

September 10, 2009 12:53 PM

The testing ban has to be Mosleys biggest mind-farts ever. There are other ways to save money like lower saleries for the drivers, getting rid of KERS, engines which have lower fuel consumption, the list goes on.

Alan D - Unregistered

September 10, 2009 1:38 PM

Andrew, I wouldn't want to stifle technical advances like KERS. I'd rather see KERS unrestricted completely. No, I think the best idea is designated test days at specified tracks so that all teams can get an equal amount of testing in, and you'd probably get a lot of fans interested as well. The ideas of holding it on the Monday after a GP is a good one as it considerably reduces all the travel costs.

JJ - Unregistered

September 10, 2009 4:02 PM

If the testing ban is what's needed to keep the season unpredictable and not see 1 or two teams run away with every race I say let's keep it.

I thoroughly enjoyed Spa with some of the lesser usual suspects running in front. I would have enjoyed it a lot less if it would be another boring Brawn or RBR win.

Finally we have now reached a point where the best car (as opposed to the best driver) doesn't win every race anymore, but where a team and driver can make the difference by finding the best set-up with limited time, and I like it.

I still watched every race when Schuey was winning all the time but darn, were they some snorefests.

Alan D - Unregistered

September 10, 2009 6:28 PM

Andrew, what I'd like to know is how come you can use the phrase mind-farts and not have your post censored, yet when I explained that the way you cheat at the javelin is by farting noisily just as your opponent is about to take his throw, my post was deleted by the moderators.

le page ponty - Unregistered

September 10, 2009 11:42 PM

I totally agree with Kovalainen, in addition which sport do you know of where the top atheletes are not allowed to train?! Ask any sports people and they will tell you that no amount of training in gyms etc can replace actual "hands on" practice and competition, but, of course, F1 is so different isn't it! regulators know best