F1 » 'Determined' Barrichello bullish about F1 2010 prospects

Piercarlogassolini - Unregistered

October 01, 2009 2:11 PM

I hope JB wins the WDC but I still wish RB every success. Very few F1 drivers get an 'Indian Summer' like he's getting this year, and whilst I'm not sure he'd win with Williams, I think he'd be 'in the mix' for podiums on occasion if he joined them. I can't actually work out why he's considered in everyone's opinion to be so inferior to JB. Enlighten me someone.

Andy - Unregistered

October 01, 2009 2:16 PM

Rubens is a champion Racer who is much more talented than jenson button.
It was a pity that the car didnt suit his driving style at the start of the season..
Rubens would be an asset to any team in the paddock and its almost 100% certain that he will be racing next year.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

October 01, 2009 3:03 PM

Andy

I like Rubinho as much as the next man, but if he was better he would be leading Button.
He went missing in the first half of the season and allowed Button to run away with it.
No excuses, Button has outperforrmed him so far.

I would still prefer Rubinho to win the WDC :D :D :D

NutBallRacer

October 01, 2009 3:13 PM

Come on guys! I wish Rubens well too, but he is a journeyman and always has been. He's definitely not backmarker material, but never championship material. The years have proven this and there have been plenty of years. He's in that same class as Webber and Coulthard....yes, and possibly Button. If I were looking for a driver, I'd look for a younger guy. I wonder what the price is for his services compared to someone with future potential.

BOJ - Unregistered

October 01, 2009 3:32 PM

Yes, I'm the Dude that's never wrong. This season produced four driver at the very top of F1
Lewis, Kimi, Barrichello, Massa (unlucky season) Button has always been a mid field warrior at best, same for Alonso. Both quick, but race pace not quite able to challenge the top four.
Alonso will be paired with massa for next season, healthy, and motivated will completely out perform his team mate. We just may see Fisi called up replace the Spaniard. His tantrum out-brakes (remember Lewis)will color the day. Big Red made a Big mistake here, all will become evidenced come Monaco
Mr. Alonso may wish he never left his old team.
Big Red had a pair that could deal with Lewis
and company No more..
JOSE

XHannahX

October 01, 2009 7:14 PM

I'm sure Rubens will get a drive next season, with several new teams (hopefully) joining and a couple of spare seats in the current grid going spare, he has plenty of choices I'd imagine.
I'll be a little annoyed if it's found out that Brawn have fired him in favour of someone else, given his results in the last few races.

Rubens Barichello for WDC 09!!! :D