F1 » Briatore destroyed me too, claims Bourdais

theyank

October 06, 2009 6:47 PM

I, too, was screwed by Flav. I was well on my way to a drive with Ferrari when Flav pointed out that I don't have a superlicense and, like Seb, I can't find my ass in an F1 car. I am deeply disappointed and plan to talk to Spanker about this. :) :)

Bourdais needs to stop making escuses for his F1 career and get on with life. :(

Schumi - Unregistered

October 06, 2009 7:00 PM

it will be interesting to see if you think the sameof jenson if he does not get the wdc fair enough he never had fat flav as a manager but if he looses i bet he gets the same amount of disrespect.

andrewm

October 06, 2009 7:10 PM

There is a difference between Bourdais and Button which leads to the disrespect towards Bourdais.

Button is a good driver.

Bourdais thinks he is a good driver but isn't really.

Thus the disrespect.

RawDawg

October 06, 2009 7:49 PM

I found the article some what interesting. Bourdais was a very fast F3000 driver with 7 poles his championship year. The champions before him went to F1 so I thought it a bit strange at the time that he didn't. Zonta, Montoya, Heidfeld, and Justin Wilson all did some time in F1 after they where champions but not Bourdais. Seems like he got his shot at the wrong time.

Mark _

October 06, 2009 7:52 PM

Sebas did better against Vettel than he did against Buemi. So far I don't see anyone claiming that Buemi is the next Schumacher. I think he has more talent that a good number of people currently on the grid.

theyank

October 06, 2009 8:21 PM

Schumi - I don't disrespect Seb as a racing driver and he was probably screwed by Flav. F1 just didn't work out for Bourdais and he needs to get past this fact and get on with his life. I, personally, would give andrewm's left nut to drive a fast car at Le Mans and I think Bourdais will do well in LMS or ALMS.

sauberfan - Unregistered

October 06, 2009 9:25 PM

If Bourdais is not an excellent driver, then nobody is. He's won a F3000 title, four champcar titles, now 2 of his 4 first races in Superleague with a car he didn't know and a team which was very last before he came. He's absolutely polyvalent, able to drive in various categories. What kind of proof do you need to accept this fact?

XHannahX

October 06, 2009 9:57 PM

Well I can't see him staying in Super League for very long, he's dominated his first 2 weekends, and sure, for a while being able to just beat everybody will give him a thrill, but eventually I'd imagine that it'd get boring. Especially if he knows that there are bigger and better things out there for him.

Good luck to him!!!

:D

jeff - Unregistered

October 06, 2009 10:08 PM

...well... I guess NAKAJIMA will also blame Briatore to have ruined his career...

All crap f1 driver ...Nelson jr, Bourdais, Nakazuki,....Flavio ruined their career....hahahhhh..

1 2 3 4 5 6  »