F1 » Renault F1 reveals first part of 2010 line-up.

JJJ

October 07, 2009 1:50 PM

Still an overrated driver if you ask me. Good, yes...One of the best, no.

I still don't see why Kubica enjoys so much credit with the F1 crowd when he's beaten by his teammate 2 out of 3 years. I also wonder how big of a jackass Heidfeld must be since none of the topteams has really given him a chance while he beat Kimi, Massa and Kubica as their teammate.

Ah well, I don't see Renault moving forward next year so if he's forced to stay there some time (as opposed to the 1 year deal that's been rumoured in order to move to Ferrari in 2011) I guess his star will eventually fade to more realistic levels.

Nothing against Robert, just don't really see what others apparently do.

Cardinal

October 07, 2009 2:01 PM

@ JJJ

I think it's more a case of Heidfeld is underrated. The fact he hasn't won a race yet in 130 odd starts probably counts against him, but Nick is talented, fast and he's consistent. He doesn't seem a prima-donna type a la Alonso, so i have no idea why he can't land a drive with a top team. I think he is just as deserving as Kubica - maybe McLaren should give him a call?

JS - Unregistered

October 07, 2009 2:46 PM

@JJJ

Last season, in the inferior car, he was right up there fighting for DC - even leading at some point. In Ferrari or McLaren he would have been champion by september.

That's what you can't see, I guess.

Dario - Unregistered

October 07, 2009 4:19 PM

@JJJ

Kubica routinely outqualifies Heidfels, with the most recent exception in Japan.

I haven't compared their race results, but often times Kubica can be unlucky and can go backwards for no apparent reason. A lot of times its bad strategy.

But overall, he's done better than Heidfeld, and if anything, he's given Heidfeld a kick in the butt to improve his form.

XHannahX

October 07, 2009 5:09 PM

I agree 100% with JJJ, admittedly I don't like Kubica much-I think he whines too much, Australia practice still rings in my head(:D)- but I still do think that he's overrated. He had, in my opinion, a lucky win in Canada last year (and we have to remember who finished 2nd too!) and hasn't done anything near special this year.

Heidfeld, on the other hand, is most definatly underrated, he's put in some great performances over the years-Silverstone 08 (will never forget that great pass of 2 drivers in 2 corners!) instantly comes to mind. Also he thoroughly beat Robert 61 to 39 in 07!

Kubica is a good driver but so is Heidfeld, and I do think that Heidfeld deserves a decent drive also :)

JJJ

October 07, 2009 5:22 PM

Quali duel is 9-6 in favour of Kubica, so I'll give him that, although it's not the 14-1 some of you make it sound like.

If you count their points from 07-now, Heidfeld scored 61, 60 and 15 points, which makes 136 total. Kubica scored 39, 75 and 9 points, which makes 123 total. This doesn't make me think 'wow, that guy is awesome' (unless you want to make a case for Heidfeld being THE best driver on the grid).

And don't say 07 is his rookie year cause he already did a substantial part of the 06 season and was a regular 3rd driver before that.

Claiming he would be a DC by september in a Ferrari or McLaren isn't exactly a claim based on any respectable facts.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »