F1 » di Grassi in, Grosjean out at Renault for Brazil?

andrewm

October 08, 2009 5:50 PM

I have to be honest and say that I have never heard of Lucas di Grassi. Grosjean hasn't done any better that Piquet so far and if anything is worse so if he is good I am sure he will be an improvment.

Alan D - Unregistered

October 08, 2009 10:15 PM

At this stage in the season, Renault are not competing for anything, Grosjean is unlikely to score points in the last two races, so it makes sense to give another driver a "test drive" under racing conditions. Even if they had in season testing, giving a driver a race distance and pits stops to see how they drive is going to be far more informative than having them drive a few laps on their own around a test track. In those test sessions, the guys don't get as many laps as they will in a race, so they are not disadvantaged. And it gets their name in the news again. (And why does he still have the ING logo on his overalls?)

XHannahX

October 08, 2009 11:07 PM

Might as well put Di Grassi in for 1 race atleast, see what he can do before giving him any sort of lengthy contact. What do Renault have to loose? Doesn't look like Grosjean's going to be picking up any points anytime soon.
Drum up some support from the Brazilian fans too!

Good night everybody! :)

Cardinal

October 09, 2009 9:03 AM

@ Andrewm

Never heard of di grassi? Just showing your ignorance once again.
Di grassi is better than Grosjean and should have been the first choice to replace Piquet, but with Briatore's backing and Renault presumably wanting a French driver, it wasn't going to happen. To be fair, I don't believe the kid has had a fair crack of the whip yet, but di Grassi deserves his chance, he's been consistently very good in GP2. I hope they let him race in Abu Dhabi too, but I can't see him getting the second Renault drive next season sadly.

andrew_

October 09, 2009 12:52 PM

Cardinal - considering that GP2 is not widely available to watch, I am hardly going to know about this guy am I? I do apologise however that my inability to afford a sky sports package seems to offfend you.

Cardinal

October 09, 2009 2:57 PM

@ Andrew

I never mentioned television of any kind. You seem able to use the internet - did it not occur to you to use it to keep up with what's going on in GP2? Di Grassi has been highly successful in the lower formulae (yes there are other motorsports categories besides F1) and has been a Renault test driver for a few years now. There is a big picture of him at the top of the page, look :) You've heard of Bruno Senna yes? How did you manage that without being able to watch GP2? :?

1 2  »