F1 » Fisichella eyes Sauber return

Giancarlo Fisichella hints at Sauber move: I'd like to be able to collaborate with a team I know...

rob01

December 07, 2009 6:38 PM

I think just the engine. McL gave an engineer,gearbox,shifter. I was unaware of exhaust. Ferrari may step up the offer if used, based on example McL/Merc set. Although it was rumored that RonD was not happy with all the support given to Force and Brawn.

andrew mac

December 07, 2009 6:45 PM

I only mentioned exhausts as I couldn't think of any car parts off the top of my head just then. I would like to see Sauber get a good engine and become a front running team. They did have a few flashes of what could be when they had Ferrari (Petronas) engines before. I would imagine if it was more than just the engines, Sauber would do well.

It would also be good to see Fisi have one last hurrah before he retires.

joowon49 - Unregistered

December 07, 2009 6:52 PM

It's interesting you say that. I belive that towards the end of the season, people were actually speculating that the BMW engine was in fact the best engine on the grid. Even more powerful than the esteemed Mecedes engine.

joowon49 - Unregistered

December 07, 2009 6:52 PM

rob01

December 07, 2009 6:56 PM

Merc had a diffuser team. And a KERS team. The only Merc team with neither was ForceI and they had good pace but none to win a race. Renault won with a used engine and red appeared weak only because the car was crap. So all in all I think the engines were on par with each other.

out with the old! - Unregistered

December 07, 2009 6:57 PM

Fisi, Trulli, Villeneuve, De La Rosa, Badoer, etc. These guys have been around forever and look more and more tired with each passing year. They should go and let the new young guns take over.

On a different topic, there have been some 'phantom drivers' in F1. Those who drifted in for a few indifferent races or maybe one inconsequential season and drifted out again...like ghosts. These few come to mind:

Alan McNish
Zsolst Baumgartner
Ralph Firman
Yuji Ide

Please add to the list :)

1 2 3  »