F1 » Ickx: Rosberg Schumacher's biggest enemy in F1 2010

Contrary to the popular school of thought, it could well be returning F1 legend Michael Schumacher who has difficulty in keeping up with Mercedes Grand Prix team-mate Nico Rosberg in F1 2010, argues Le Mans hero Jacky Ickx

Alan D - Unregistered

January 25, 2010 5:34 PM

Will: "my personal view on the Lenoir is that its aesthetcally closer to the steam powered carriages of the era"

Its not stunning I agree but if you ever see the old photo of it carrying people you realise it is not as big as you are probably imagining and it does look much more car like than the Benz tricycle. It was the first spark-ignited ICE although Otto did a much better job on the ICE later on. I've never disputed that Benz built the first cars as a commercial venture and rightly deserves his place in history. but JET and others claiming that Benz built the first car full stop, or the first that actually worked is grossly wrong and an insult to the pioneers of auto engineering.

andrew mac

January 25, 2010 5:39 PM

Johnson - 19 mins ago you said that you would not be comming back to this thread. 10 mins ago you posted another comment on this thread. Face it, Merc didn't create the first automobile it would seem. The first patent does not nessicarily mean the first to invent something. If you can't see the difference then that is your problem. Mabye Stephen Fry will tackle this in QI soon. You better twitter him and ask.

Anyhoo, I'm off to modify the TV by adding a corby trouser press to it and get a patent. I will then subsequently drop either the TV or the trouser press when this hits the markets and claim I invented the the remaining item. :rolleyes:

Alan D - Unregistered

January 25, 2010 5:46 PM

Johnson: "Well, take your medium over my preffered medium."

I take it that comment was directed at me. Well, if you are asking me to choose between an article in Le Monde dated prior to Benz building his car, and an article written in Wiki, then I know which I'll choose. If you are asking me to choose between the actual Lenoir car which still exists and vaporous claims that it wasn't a real car and it didn't work, I know which I'll choose.

But if you think history doesn't matter and you are blinded by your devotion to Mercedes, then that is up to you.

Racy

January 25, 2010 6:53 PM

You boys just will not quit will you. Modern Merks are overweight, gas gussalers regardless of their heritage. Here in the USA they are show-off cars, thats all. They say I am almost rich ha ha ha. Prefer my 93 Corvette, which will stomp 99% of all Merks. Sad, but have to sell it soon but getting a 2005 Miata-red of course. The Boxter deal fell through. Happy trails. Oh, and Andy, why are you calling people out?

Racy

January 25, 2010 7:51 PM

Hey Andy, long time no talk. Hope you are well and keeping up. Was not an attack on you by the way, just overhyped Merks. Oh--just sold the Corvette 5 minutes ago--so sad. But now room for a smaller 2 seater in the garage, hopefully in 1 week. And have to sell the Monte Carlo--my road car. Will miss them both. But still have the Celica. Be good all-bye and good luck to Shooey and Rosberg.

« 6 7 8 9 10 11  »