F1 » Ickx: Rosberg Schumacher's biggest enemy in F1 2010

Contrary to the popular school of thought, it could well be returning F1 legend Michael Schumacher who has difficulty in keeping up with Mercedes Grand Prix team-mate Nico Rosberg in F1 2010, argues Le Mans hero Jacky Ickx

will - Unregistered

January 26, 2010 1:24 AM

Alan, afraid we will have to disagree as to where the lineage of the modern motorcar comes from- design and layout of the first production cars before the turn of the century(Peugeot, Benz etc) owe their blueprint/format directly from Karl Benz's patented tricycle motor wagon which in turn led to the first standardized car in 1894( Benz Velo)
Andrew Mac.. Its very hard to have a patent granted... Even without a patent if another similar product is brought market first they have protection.. as a designer myself I've looked into it.

Racy

January 26, 2010 4:07 PM

Andy--the coevette needed tires 'again'-1200 dollars worth so bye bye. Have the eye on a red miata not far from here-will see. However, will miss the torque.
And Will, you are correct about patents, they are a total bitch here in the States. Seems half end in lawsuites while hackers make money. See ya

JohnsonsEvilTwin

January 26, 2010 5:18 PM

An S2000 takes kindly to turbocharging!

HKS with intercooler pushing 340BHP and 260Nm torque.....I received an email from S2k.co.uk explaining the "benefits" lol

There is a video on youtube of this thing eating GSX-R600.(it did have variable boost though...£2k option).

Testament to honda that he didnt even need to change the gearbox...... :)

Racy

January 26, 2010 6:56 PM

Thanks for the advice fellows. A Honda S2000 was first on the list, but my nearist Honda Dealer is a jerk on maintance charges and tiers are pricy as well. Miatas are everywhere here and except for clutch work are easy to maintain. A clutch job takes a pro a whole day--me three. Plus S2000's look crappy with tops up and the hard one is 1.5 grand plus paint. See ya

JohnsonsEvilTwin

January 26, 2010 9:08 PM

Racy

As looks are subjective, I will let the "crappy" comment slide lol (Honda fan)

All I can say is you will get 240bhp standard from 2 litres(non turbo) that revs to 9200 rpm ALL DAY!
I sold mine 6 months ago and I regret every passing day.
I have a Mercedes C-class diesel now and it is the exact opposite, ie Huge torque, instant acceleration, comfy etc but it lacks excitement....

S2000 will always put a smile on your face, and in the end, is always worth the garage bill.

I lost a friend when I sold mine, I cannot say that of any car i have owned previously. Magnificent.

« 7 8 9 10 11