F1 » Angry Schumi rejects claims he doesn't race fair

He has been back in the F1 spotlight for barely a month, but already Mercedes Grand Prix 2010 signing Michael Schumacher has found himself on the receiving end of some rather uncomfortable questions...

arcuid

January 26, 2010 6:10 PM

Sorry Mark but most reporters ask tough question NO MATTER what, when where. It's unavoidable and it's a reality of fame. You think Michael like being asked those questions at a luanch? Of course not! Only thing he could do as answer to get the journos of his back. Who knows? This may have garnered Schumi some sympathy if you think about it.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

January 26, 2010 6:28 PM

Arcuid

Journalism by its very meaning is ALL about the WHEN HOW WHO and WHAT. Paxman the master interviewer asks tough questions all the time, BUT he doesnt lurk in the shadows ready to pounce with a questions that has no place at a Mercedes GP launch. He invites people to be interviewed, and they have the choice knowing his reputation. The fool that tried it on with schumi was looking for a reaction. Sensationalist journalism! He creates the news basically! Very very poor....

Mark hit the nail on the head.

Mark _

January 26, 2010 6:31 PM

Accruid I see where you are coming from but I still think it was extremely bad taste. I suspect that Merc and the sponsors will think twice before allowing questions in the future.

I am curious, do you think that it would be appropriate to ask Lewis about Liegate during the McLaren launch? I don't.

arcuid

January 26, 2010 6:36 PM

JET all I am saying is this: Journalism is in itself pretty ruthless in any way shape or form especially now.
I'm not being anti Michael nor pro press. I'm only saying what is a REALITY of fame. That is just an observation. OK? :)

arcuid

January 26, 2010 6:38 PM

Yes, Mark I do agree it is bad taste of them but it happened. Maybe in the future the Merc PR could step in and say "That's wrap folks!"

In regards to Lewis should he be asked about Liegate at the McLaren launch? I would not be surprised if the subject does come up.

rob01

January 26, 2010 6:38 PM

Lewis apologized. MS has stood behind his efforts. He should be questioned. The jurno question should have never been asked. I agree with that. But such is life. His past has come to haunt him.

andrew mac

January 26, 2010 6:42 PM

If Schumacher's driving is questioned, then Liegate should most definately be raised. And so what if he has apologized? It is just words and a requested apology is worthless. Shouldn't have done it in the first place.

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »