F1 » 'Yellow Teapot' reborn in 'aggressive' Renault R30

The famous yellow-and-gold livery of early Renaults in F1 - a colour scheme that partly earned the 1977 model the nickname the 'Yellow Teapot' - is back on the 2010 R30, launched in Valencia today

Blah - Unregistered

January 31, 2010 6:53 PM

Two cars unveiled today, both with very few sponsors even with decent result in past seasons. Makes me wonder how on earth the new teams will get sponsors.

Budget cap regulations might not have been such a bad idea after all...

Ruben Zand

January 31, 2010 7:09 PM

A really nice livery! Makes the car even more obvious to spot on the grid. Also reminds me of the Jordan cars :)

As for sponsors, none of the presented cars had many sponsors. Those were the well known teams. So I guess that is why pay-drivers have a good chance to enter this season with one of the newcomer teams.

Hannah.

January 31, 2010 7:25 PM

I love it!!! :D I didn't watch F1 in the 70s-early 80s (mainly coz I wasn't alive :p) so the colour scheme is new to me, but it's great, all F1 cars should be so bold!!!

I'm also pleasantly surprised by the huge variation in each car launched so far, I really expected them, with the tightened regs, all to be Red Bull looky-likeys but they're so unbelievably different!!! I had all the cars so far launched (Ferrari,McLaren,Renault&Sauber) on separate tabs so I could flick between them. The cockpit, the rear wing, the front wing, the side pods, the wing mirrors, the nose, just everything are unrecognizable between eachother.

So which is going to be the best? We'll get a clue tomorrow! :D

andrew mac

January 31, 2010 7:32 PM

"mainly coz I wasn't alive" - how does that work?

There are other factors that prevent you from watching F1 in the 70s and 80s appart from not being alive?

It is usual for the winning design to be copied. Benetton started with the high nose cone in 91 and won the WDC in 94. Most cars had high nose cones in 95 and all had by the end of 96. Throughout the history of F1, the winning design is always coppied.

Alan D - Unregistered

January 31, 2010 7:39 PM

Andrew: There are other factors that prevent you from watching F1 in the 70s and 80s apart from not being alive?

Well obviously she didn't have a TV set either.

1 2 3 4  »