F1 » BBC confirms F1 2010 commentary line-up

The BBC has confirmed an unchanged commentary line-up for 2010, meaning Martin Brundle, David Coulthard and Jake Humphrey remain on-board - as do the less universally popular Jonathan Legard and Eddie Jordan...

Iced001 - Unregistered

February 08, 2010 11:41 AM

It is now confirmed...... the BBC are the most inept corporation on Earth!! How they can continue having Legard as a comentator, let aone paired up with Brundle, the best in the business, is beyond me!! It's like Schumacher and Sato being team mates. They are worlds apart. Looks like another F1 season on mute :(

Al - Unregistered

February 08, 2010 11:51 AM

Well looks like another season without Brundle's commentary then. As much as it pains me to not hear Brundle I can't stand Jonathan "Battle is Joined" Leg-End, his limited range and his constant interuptions of Brundle. Last year since the third race i've switched to David Croft and Anthony Davidson.

F1 fan - Unregistered

February 08, 2010 12:04 PM

Hopefully, someone will have found the "off" switch on Jonathan Legard to stop him from spouting his mindless chatter all through the race. When will he realise that he doesn't have to fill EVERY second of the GP with his voice? It seems like he hasn't yet worked out that he isn't on the radio any more. Please, please BBC, tell him to shut up if he hasn't got anything sensible to say (that accounts for about 90% of his commentary in my opinion). Alternatively, give Martin Brundle a tazer and get him to 'zap' JL every minute after the race starts.

Mike - Unregistered

February 08, 2010 12:19 PM

I see Crashnet have awarded an "ace" title to Brundle, pairing him with "Minardi ace" Campos.

Did Brundle ever actually win a race? Or do you have to be an established loser to be a Crashnet "ace"?

tick-tock

February 08, 2010 12:37 PM

As much as I disliked James Allen, after a few races I soon realised Legard is almost as bad, worse in some ways. He's the weak link in the BBC's coverage and they should listen to criticism from licence payers. I don't think he's perfect, but David Croft would be a far more listenable and informative commentator already on the BBC books. Maybe he'd even have SOME chemistry with Brundle, imagine that... Meanwhile, Eddie Jordan is a butt-kissing self promoter, and should not be back.

fish fingers - Unregistered

February 08, 2010 12:45 PM

I actually think we need Eddie just to have someone to deride. JL is incredibly dull. Damon Hill would be great as a guest commentator, he is actually quite a wit, something we didnt see in his driving days

cknopp - Unregistered

February 08, 2010 12:48 PM

I would call Brundle a broadcast ace, as it is shown by far that he knows what he is talking about, understands how to present it to 99.99% of the audience without making anyone feel like an idiot, and some of his color is truly legendary!

Legard has a 'no dead air' philosophy, and the man/boy love with the Brittish drivers was nauseating. I swear, I could HEAR Brundle rolling his eyes at some of Legards' commentary.

Bring on Craig Scarborough!

lewis - Unregistered

February 08, 2010 12:50 PM

hhahaha. Foghorn Leghorn. Good one.

Legard is clearly pulling the team down. I think replacing him with Mark Blundell would be a good shout.

David and Martin are definately the heros and its nice to see Ted is still there.

Realistically Eddie should go because he doesnt knowwhat hes talking about, I think Tony Jardine from the early ITV days would be good. Must also give some credit to Jake Humphreys who shocked me this year. He isnt spectacular but well better than the other options the BEEB had ie.Adrian Chiles, Hammond or god forbid Steve Rider

Buck Bundy

February 08, 2010 12:59 PM

I agree about Ben Edwards - couple him with Martin brundle and you'd have the perfect commentary team. The only thing that ever annoyed me about Ben Edwards was how he used to stare lovingly at John Watson while doing their bit in front of the camera on Eurosport.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »