F1 » Lotus launches T127 in London

Lotus reveals its 2010 F1 machine – the T127 – during a launch in London

MeymacTony - Unregistered

February 12, 2010 6:37 PM

Colour scheme great ( have seen another piccy where it appears lighter green) - looks purposeful. Looking at the front wing I hope it can withstand the downforce and not fall off on it's Virgin outing!
Not likely since it was developed in a wind tunnel rather than by mathematical calculation on a computer.
Having just about given up following F1 (and I go back to attending the 64 GP as a marshal) methinks I shall have to start watching again. (thank goodness for computers as I watch BBC in France

JJJ

February 12, 2010 6:44 PM

The car looks a bit simple, like most of Gascoyne's cars. Personally I'm not convinced by Gascoyne's skill, but it's probably good enough to be a decent backmarker. I would be surprised if it wasn't in front of the other new teams (team?) when the season starts.

Ruben Zand

February 12, 2010 6:51 PM

Looking at the pictures I am not really convinced about the car, it looks slow. As were I mentioned the Sauber was fast and they have so far shown it. Now lets see if Lotus can prove me wrong next week. But that aside this is definitely not my favorite car on looks this season.

Hannah.

February 12, 2010 6:51 PM

Well I'm liking it! :p

And Heikki looks so cute in his racesuit :)

Anyway, of the 4 new teams I would definatly say that they will do best, USF1 only have 1 driver and will probably end up with another rookie, Virgin are really quite far off the times with a dodgy front wing and, well Campos, who knows what's going to happen?!

Good luck Heikki :D

Si23 - Unregistered

February 12, 2010 7:09 PM

I think that is a beauty of an F1 car, it is amazing to see the classic Jim Clark type 49 Lotus colours back in F1 ! ! !

I see that a few people have declared the car "a bit simple looking" - have you paid attention to the bits that generate the downforce / effect the handling & performance of the car the most ? ? ? ie the Front Wing and Diffuser ?

From what I can see the Front wing is one of the most highly developed of any team (established order included) and absolute light years ahead of the example that fell off of the Virgin car yesterday - compare the snow plough on the front of the Virgin to the Lotus if you dont believe me :-)

I bet that destroys the Virgin next week :-)

sokudo - Unregistered

February 12, 2010 7:22 PM

i must say that i'm surprised that everytime lotus is mentioned a lot of people start saying, they stole the name, they don't deserve to use it, yet if they were the ones bringing the name back, it would be a stand-up tribute to one of the greatest names in f1. sure, this team has other agendas other than bringing the lotus name back but like everyone, i'm sure that they wanted the name back and are proud to work under the lotus name.

regarding the colour scheme, i really like it. personally, i like the way they've painted the wheels although the 'forward-thinking' should be used on the car. :p

1 2 3 4 5 6  »