F1 » Anderson: USF1 has asked to miss first four races

USF1 co-founder and team principal Ken Anderson finally breaks the financially-troubled F1 2010 newcomer's silence - by admitting that the team has approached the FIA to be allowed to miss the first four grands prix of the forthcoming campaign

richard

February 21, 2010 10:58 AM

if usf1 miss a fourth race, they will be subjected to huge fines, under the concorde agreement. if they had any sense, they would at least turn up with a chassis and engine, just to qualify as attending! if they cant afford to enter, they certainly wont be able to afford the fines!
and as for stefan. even bernie says they are unlikely to be admitted,(although he changes his mind, more often than his wig). richards suspended work when he was denied an entry. bet he wishes that he had gone ahead with developement despite the refusal. he was in line well ahead of stefan!

Sasha

February 21, 2010 11:06 AM

So let me get this straight...
They want to enter in the fifth race. With an untested car. With inexperienced drivers. Without any real funding?

I think they can make the fifth. But will fold up before the sixth.

USF1 is a complete, yet very expensive, joke.

LoveF1

February 21, 2010 12:22 PM

Isn't there a level or threshold of competence and performance that 'teams' are supposed to reach before being allowed to progress into the F1 setting? Whoever has the responsibility to monitor that at the FIA should be fired immediately! Jean Todt should continue as he has started and clean house at the FIA.

Somebody somewhere needs to stand up for our sport!!!

LoveF1

February 21, 2010 12:30 PM

And is there even the 'semblance' of a car in production? Even the bare essentials? A mould or cast or blueprint? A prototype maybe? Or are they asking for the 4-race exemption to keep looking for sponsors, so as "to begin" to build a car???

Commodore S - Unregistered

February 21, 2010 1:06 PM

Now this is in the open and no longer speculation I feel they should accept failure gracefully.

They have tried and failed.

They are not the first and will not be the last.

Their is no guilt associated with failure however to ignore the fact is irreparable and irresponsible

It is time to let go.

As regards the financials with the FIA some leeway may be justified in order that employees and providers are not jeopardised bringing the sport into further disrepute.

Composite Guy - Unregistered

February 21, 2010 1:16 PM

I applied to work for USGPE. I am a composite materials technician. I had 3 interviews over 2 weeks with them. All three interviews were held at a hotel, no where near the facility they claimed to be developing the cars at. At my second and third interview I asked to see the work areas, including the composite production, and both times I was denied. When asked exactly what machinery and equipment I would be working on, the different ladies doing the interviews had no idea. When asked who my immediate boss would be, each time I was given a different name. I have gone back to Indianapolis to work for my long time employer in Indy Cars, USGPE sounded too good to be true, and it was.

Alan D - Unregistered

February 21, 2010 1:46 PM

A few weeks back I suggested that if USF1, Campos, etc were not going to turn up at Barcelona for testing then their testing slots should be available to Stefan who were waiting in the wings. That would have given Stefan more opportunity to get a car ready if one of the other teams drops out, and an opportunity for them to demonstrate the viability of their F1 project, both financially and technically. If Stefan are willing to pay their own way without any guarantee of a place in 2010, what harm can it do to let them test alongside the confirmed entries?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »