F1 » Branson hits back at Ferrari comments

Virgin boss Richard Branson hits out at comments from Ferrari relating to the newcomers to F1 for the 2010 season

andrew.

February 28, 2010 6:19 PM

What's Branston moaning about? The Ferrari statement 100% correct. Virgin and Lotus ARE bringing up the rear so far, Campos ARE being forced into F1 and USF1 ARE in need of missing persons.

Taz - Unregistered

February 28, 2010 6:24 PM

I agreed with the Ferrari statement mostly (for once) but they were harsh on Lotus and Virgin, they've done well to build a car and get decent drivers and be on the grid considering the budgets.

Campos, USF1 etc...not to mention the 100 million the FIA give them !

Mahesh - Unregistered

February 28, 2010 6:48 PM

Why does he needs to hits back at Ferrari comments ? trying to gain attention towards his team by hitting at Ferrari as if Ferrari is really scared from Branson.

California Kid - Unregistered

February 28, 2010 7:00 PM

I can't stand this guy. He bought his way in. Stefan GP is the same story. The ONLY REASON they have a shot is due to the purchase of the Toyota car. It gets me how the have this "holy" attitude regarding the matter. They are vultures. It's absurd. Along with the whole team selection process. Didn't Prodrive get an entry to the 2008 season and fail to see it through?

I think there should be some type of requirement of having been proven to be able to race in a lower series.

But what do I know, I'm just a fan.

fish fingers - Unregistered

February 28, 2010 7:50 PM

I'm sure Branson can think for himself 107whatever . We need more people like Branson in F1, he's absolutely right and its good to see him stand up to the dreadful Luca. Unlike everyone else here I'm excited to see new blood like Virgin/Manor and Lotus on the grid

F1 Novice

February 28, 2010 7:54 PM

@ California Kid

re your "I can't stand this guy. He bought his way in. Stefan GP is the same story. The ONLY REASON they have a shot is due to the purchase of the Toyota car. It gets me how the have this "holy" attitude regarding the matter. They are vultures".

What do you think Mercedes GP have done -they've bought BrawnGP - I would have much more respect for Mercedes if they started from scratch as Lotus / Virgin have done - they are meant to be one of the best engineering companies in the world and yet all they do is buy into F1 Technology instead of doing it themselves - Chassis Built in GB (Brawn) & Engine Built in GB (Illmor) exactly what is German about MercedesGP :? :rolleyes:

1 2 3 4 5  »