F1 » Stefan GP will be in Bahrain – with Villeneuve, Hurley

BBC pundit Eddie Jordan - the man who correctly forecast Michael Schumacher's F1 2010 comeback with Mercedes long before the deal was publicly confirmed - reckons it is a dead cert that Stefan GP will be on the starting grid for the curtain-raising Bahrain Grand Prix at Sakhir

Alan D - Unregistered

March 03, 2010 2:17 PM

Richard, agree, what I'm trying to say is that the FIA, not Todt personally, should be making the statements. If Stefan were in fourth place on the original application list, i.e. applicant who would have had a place if USF1 hadn't entered, then I think they should be allowed in at Bahrain. If Prodrive was first refusal then I think they should be told now that there is a place for them in 2011, and Stefan told they can race in 2010 but have no guaranteed slot for 2011, although obviously it would make them a very good candidate for 2011 if another team drops out.

TestingTimes - Unregistered

March 03, 2010 2:34 PM

Alan D

You mentioned "If Prodrive was first refusal".
Should they(Prodrive) not be prepared for this "if" that is the case?

And personally I see no point in voting for a figure head(Todt) if he isnt going to be the face of the organisation he represents. I mean this is an FIA matter, why should Todt not be making statements?

frank wank - Unregistered

March 03, 2010 3:02 PM

The FIA did one thing right...which was to reject Richards, this verbose windbag. He has had two chances to get into F1 and bailed out both times.

Richards won the "new team entry" in 06 and had two years to put a car together, but Max would not allow him a Mclaren Merc clone... so he took his toys and went home whining the whole time. Was also first in line to buy Honda...but bailed on that too. He also could have pulled a Stefan and bought Toyota..did not do that either. So why does he deserves a slot in f1. All his "I told you so" comments about the struggling new teams makes me want to puke...At least they are trying to build a car..not just yapping about it...go away Richards!

Calvin _

March 03, 2010 4:16 PM

Richard, what I meant when I said that JT was being quiet , was just that these issues need to be resolved in a timely fashion, and as FIA president, he should be ensuring that this happens. Whether the statement comes from JT or another FIA spokesperson, I don't really care, just let's have a decision on how they want to proceed. Some leadership in an area which the FIA is actually involved.

Alan D, I agree, except I'm not sure if Stefan, or any other team, would accept racing for just one year. I think these things are costed out over several years to determine economic justification for an entry. But yes, the system, whatever it is, should be followed. Hey, Prodrive & Lola may decline.

fellainishair - Unregistered

March 03, 2010 4:56 PM

'Stefan GP will be in Bahrain'

And I hope they have a lovely time on holiday - because that could (and SHOULD) be the only purpose of their visit.

EJ is determined to portray himself as a paddock insider, even if his information is duff, he'll still blurt it out - Massa having a 'bruised neck' being the classic example. And if he really was as close to Bernie as some infer, I doubt the latter would have let his team effectively go to the wall 5 years ago...

andrew.

March 03, 2010 6:25 PM

What exactly does Eejit Jordan know about anything? Okay he got lucky with the Schumacher return thing but he did have a 50/50 chance.

The guy did say that Massa had a scratch on the next so I guess the extreme surgey was just for kicks?

He has a 50/50 chance of getting this right so we'll see. I want StefanGP on the grid but I also want EJ to be wrong. Oh what a quandry!

Alan D - Unregistered

March 03, 2010 6:37 PM

Calvin: Alan D, I agree, except I'm not sure if Stefan, or any other team, would accept racing for just one year.

Well they don't have to come in this year if they don't want to, but I don't think it would be right for them to be allowed in as a way of queue jumping other teams who should have been offered the spot for next year.

Mark _

March 03, 2010 6:38 PM

I found the FIA's silence on the double diffuser issue at this time last year much more troubling than their silence on replacing USF1. I doubt that there is much urgency to make a decision given the size of the grid.

Having said that the possibility of having 5 world champions on the grid may be enough for Stefan to get the nod. Too bad Kimi is not driving or we could have 6 WDC's

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »