F1 » 'USF1 is dead...and it won't come back'


The end of the road has officially been reached for USF1, it appears - with a senior employee confirming that all staff have been put on indefinite leave, and concluding that the financially-beleaguered American hope 'is dead...and it won't come back'

Sort Comments: Oldest | Newest

Taz - Unregistered

March 03, 2010 10:08 AM

Todt,

Draw a line under the whole sorry incident and deny their ridiculous request for a one year deferral on their entry before the sport loses all credibility.

To think Windy was boasting a month ago about the long hours staff were putting in and getting the car shakedown done...lies and more damn lies.

rh - Unregistered

March 03, 2010 10:11 AM

I think it was only a matter of time before this was going to happen. Lets hope that Campos and Stefan can get to the Bahrain grid. Love or hate Stefan, at least they wont be 10 seconds off the pace with a Toyota car

Mark - Unregistered

March 03, 2010 10:35 AM

I think we're just going to have to face the fact that we'll be one team short this year. USF1 are dead, and Stefan GP will almost certainly not get a slot, especially if Ferrari say no as the article says, because as we all know, what Ferrari says goes. Jean Todt won't help that matter either.

Rikkit - Unregistered

March 03, 2010 10:44 AM

I think that I, like most people do indeed feel sad for all the employees that have been led down the river by the liar Windsor. I hope they can all find other avenues of employment, in what is a tough climate.

This was a team that said so may strong words, mostly spewed from the mouth of Windsor about how the US was going to show the slackers of 'time off over New Year europeans' how it was going to happen. Well yes, well said idiot, boy did you show everyone.

I hope the FIA does not show any dispensation towards this shambles of a team (management that is, not employees) and lets just get on with the season and welcome Stefan. Bring on 2010 and lets all enjoy the season.

Taz - Unregistered

March 03, 2010 10:49 AM

I think Anderson is just as guilty as Windy, both have acted pretty unprofessionally.

Considering the cr*p we're had to endure with windys press statements over the last year I find it highly ironic that both have gone to ground.

I feel sorry for the staff who left jobs to join this outfit, you always take a risk starting a new job but they have been obviously lied to about the financial strength of the team.

f1-fan - Unregistered

March 03, 2010 10:51 AM

usf1 is like horse walks into bar barman says why the long face.. ie a bad joke and a complete waste of everybody's time give stefan gp there slot and in future use a better selection process.. to think david richards prodrive was turned down with all the experience they have in motor sport is ridiculous.

alex - Unregistered

March 03, 2010 10:53 AM

I cannot recall such a pathetic debacle in the Professional world in all my life. Whoever is to blame, there was clearly a seriously deluded hand at the tiller, asking for a 4 race delay when they were clearly no going to make it given a whole year. Think about it, what kind of person would do that and why ?

Anderson and Windsor have made themselves look like utter fools, you have to doubt if either will ever find paid employment ever again, nor do they deserve it given how many lives of the poor souls who worked for them they have ruined.

This entire debacle is really down to Mad Max Moseley trying to stack the F1/FOTA deck with pet teams so he could bully anybody who went against him.

Piercarlogassolini - Unregistered

March 03, 2010 10:57 AM

Mrs G and her colleague, who as I said last week were going to visit the factory yesterday for a bit of sport, decided not to as the news broke locally. A shame for the employees, and a shame for Mrs G's friend who was going to use the opening gambit 'Mah name's Danica Patrick and ah've come for mah helmet', in an effort to get to see someone. :blush:

richard

March 03, 2010 11:07 AM

the fia and bernie also bear an enormous for this debacle (and all the other chaos of other new teams). there should be an enquiry as to who investigated the viability and financial status of this team. maybe someone thought that if windsor was involved, then it was kosher. but those who knew him of old, said that he was all hot air!! whilst saying all that, if you look at their website, it appears that they did in fact have a tub of sorts, assuming they didnt rent a show tub from another manufacturer, for the promo video. and yes, i feel sorry for those who put their faith in usf1. lets hope that the next us team, is better prepared.

Page 1 of 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »

Join the conversation - Add your comment

Please login or register before adding your comments.

Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.

© 1999 - 2014 Crash Media Group

The total or partial reproduction of text, photographs or illustrations is not permitted in any form.