F1 » Hamilton admits he handled F1 rookie season badly

As he seeks to re-instate himself at the top of the pecking order again in F1 2010, McLaren-Mercedes star Lewis Hamilton has conceded that he perhaps mis-managed his debut campaign in the top flight alongside Fernando Alonso three years ago...

Race all you want - Unregistered

March 05, 2010 2:58 PM

I have always been of the opinion that racing drivers should race each other.
I dont disapprove of team orders if one driver has a chance of a championship and the other does not.
Team orders favouring 1 driver is just a load of bunk in my opinion.

Stephen N - Unregistered

March 05, 2010 3:17 PM

I have never been a Hamilton fan but one can not ignor his skills as a driver. It takes the bigger man to admit his mistakes and it looks like he has become more humbile and not the spoilt skilled child people may have thought of him when he started.
Well Done.

Realfan10 - Unregistered

March 05, 2010 3:38 PM

His father didn't help matters at Monaco, mouthing off on TV that his son was the fastest man on track. Catching someone who has throttled back is one thing, but passing is another, ask Nigel Mansell.

Hannah.

March 05, 2010 3:40 PM

I think this will be Hamilton's year, not only does the car look quick, but he's going into it with a whole new attitude. He seems genuinly calm and fresh, is probably of the attitude that it can't be any worse than the beginning of last season, and also every interview I've seen in the last week or so he's seemed so excited to get to the track and race (against Schumacher)!!! :)

7 days :D :D :D

Piercarlogassolini - Unregistered

March 05, 2010 4:01 PM

This is an example of why the rest of the F1 field should worry, the child is growing up. (I'll exclude SV from 'the rest of the field', I think the capacity is the same in him). In a cleaner, calmer McLaren (team), Hamilton could break all the records out there. I'm a fan of no-one may I remind you, this is just how I see it.

Honestly - Unregistered

March 05, 2010 5:08 PM

Hannah,calm and refreshed or resgned to the fact that his worst nitemare Michael Schumacher is going to use him for traction this season.The fire is gone plus Button should ground him further as he is more reliable and quicker than Heikki was.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »