F1 » Bahrain Grand Prix, Sakhir – Qualifying times

Sebastian Vettel bests Ferraris to claim pole position for first race of 2010 F1 season in Bahrain.

darren - Unregistered

March 13, 2010 1:42 PM

Does Schey have that many fans these days. Most of the ones back in the day were glory-supporting-fan boys that probably bum Alonso-Kimi-Massa- or whoever is at the front at any particular time! LOL

JJJ

March 13, 2010 1:55 PM

Personally I think what Shuey did was about what could have been expected. I would have been more suprised if he'd actually beat Rosberg. I think the 3 tenths he is off Rosberg is pretty respectable but I don't really think he'll be in front of Rosberg after a few races like some are projecting, this is just the pace he has left. I was never a fan of his but I respect the comeback.

I'm pleased to see Massa beat FA like I expected...they're going to miss Kimi over there. Webber didn't do himself any favours today and I'm already inclined to write off Button after today's showing paired to what we've seen last year. The car seems like a handful and it isn't helping Button vs Hamilton.

DW - Unregistered

March 13, 2010 2:13 PM

@ darren & co

Schumi might ONLY have qualified 7th, but he still managed to out-qualify the current World Champion on his return after a few years away.

Remind me again where MS qualified on his F1 debut all those years & titles ago ...

Featherz - Unregistered

March 13, 2010 2:51 PM

All we have learnt from the past 2 days is............. that the majority of crash readers/posters are clueeless halfwits wit nothing better to do that say...

'button is slower than hamilton' 'rosberg is quicker than scheuy - scheuy should have stayed retired' 'alonso slower than massa OMG OMG OMG'

Its the first qualifying of season and so much can and will change between races at this early stage, different teams will go well at different tracks, and the fact is RESPECT ALL THE DRIVERS for they have more talent in there little finger and earn more money than you will probebly lifetime in 1 season.

Jealousy maybe?

rob01

March 13, 2010 3:06 PM

Lap times for the race will be much closer. Once the tires wear after a few laps they should be on top of each other. Just because the car is fast on light fuel will not make it fast full. The start should be interesting as well.

Ashley

March 13, 2010 3:13 PM

@ Featherz - I couldn't have put it better myself!

Rob you are absolutely correct, car performance will change thru out the race and shall make it very interesting.

Congratulations to both SB and Red Bull. Great way to start the season, also so very good to see Massa back on track and doing well.

I have to say thou, that I do not like the new track additions, way too many corners now, drivers are going to have to be more involved with these layouts in the future.

Steve - Unregistered

March 13, 2010 3:19 PM

Did anyone else notice after qualifying Scumacher was like a robot taking in everything cool as a cucumber were the other drivers looked flustered come the race I think the people who have said he is past in are in for a shock.

Selina Gray - Unregistered

March 13, 2010 3:24 PM

So Red Bull is 0.5 second up on Ferrari and over a 1.1 on McLaren and Mercedes. WHAT?!!!! Noooo.

So it's not as bad as last year with the Brawns for sure, but still domination with the Bulls if it had not been for Ferrari. VERY dissapointed not to see the cars closely matched. :(

I am happy to see Michael back though :)

Lets hope Mclaren, Mercedes can catch up, otherwise it's a snore fest with Ferrari chasing the Bulls and a 2-team race like last years championship.

I am worrying tommorow is a pole or flag breeze for Vettel, and the battle we hoped for is not going to happen for another 5 races.

« 1 2 3 4  »