F1 » Alonso 'not surprised' Massa is ahead 'round this track'

Two-time F1 World Champion and Ferrari debutant Fernando Alonso insists it was not a surprise to him that Felipe Massa out-qualified him in Bahrain - especially as 'we all know how good he is round this track'

Filter Comments: All | Registered

alex - Unregistered

March 13, 2010 9:35 PM

Yesterday it was "my Championship were worth more than anybody elses because they were against Michael" and now again we have rather tarty, 2 faced, snide b1tching, claiming he is "not surprised" and then just to make it clear, damning with faint praise.."given how good he is round this track"...... So, he is only really up to much at a handful of tracks is he Fernando, you must SO hope so !

If Massa beats him in the race and again over the next few races, I would bet all in that Alonso starts more of this, then getting a major strop, toys out of pram time. Then we may actually see the back of this snide inadequate little cheat. He might be quick, but he is a pr1ck.

«2PAC»

March 13, 2010 9:42 PM

alex, i agree 100% with you.

the other thing that gets me is how ferrari seem to be putting their good start and apparent potential performance down to the "influence" of fascist franco! to read their press you would think massa just sits around with his thumb up his a$$!

whatever - Unregistered

March 13, 2010 9:46 PM

2 B honest, I reckon Massa would of wrapped up the championship last year if it weren't for the spring issue. It would be so nice to see him whip Alonso into shape and show what an excellent racer he really is.
Massa is world championship material.
Gooooooooooooooooooooo Massa!

Liz - Unregistered

March 13, 2010 10:47 PM

I was almost uncomfortable watching FA at today's press conference.
His luminous whitened teeth were gnashing away furiously. Massa bless 'I'm was
So cool and calm considering his amazing come back. FA can't afford
Another in-team falling out. If we get more of this scenario of
Being firmly put in his place, he's just not going to be able to handle it.
The day he pulled the pit lane stunt on LH, I lost any respect for the guy.

Sharp - Unregistered

March 13, 2010 10:53 PM

WOW HERE WE GO, ALONSO WAS BEATEN BY TEAM MATE WHAT IS A NEXT, MASSA YOU ARE IN TROUBLE, BECAUSE ALONSO WILL ASK FERRARI BOSS, I WANT TO HAVE OFFICIAL NO. ONE STATUS, I HAVE NEVER BEEN N0. TWO IN MY WHOLE CAREER, SO GIVE ME SPECIAL TREATMENT THE I CAN BEAT MY TEAM MATE.
FERNANDO IS A NICE GUY, BUT HE THE NO. 1 AT RENAULT AND HE WAS USED TO WINNING SOMETIMES. HE WANTS TO CONTROL EVERYTHING, AND I THINK ALONSO IS LOOKING SOME WAY HERE
:rolleyes: :?

Lost - Unregistered

March 13, 2010 11:52 PM

WOW how many Alonso haters here. Your recollection of history is at best selective!!! Hamilton was asked not to pit.
Cheating? well we should as MClaren about it, some team was fined 100 mill :?.

MichaelE - Unregistered

March 14, 2010 12:53 AM

I'm loving this! Teflonso aka "Horse Face" won't be able to handle it. I predict he will be throwing his toys out of the prom by the half-way point of the season (lol)!!!

:p

SignorBenzini

March 14, 2010 1:01 AM

you all are worse than the drivers.

I for one am very glad to have the season starting cleanly, no diffuser row like last year. Also glad to see close competition at the top. Once again, unlike last year when it was a Brawn 1-2 yawnfest for half the season.

I personally don't care a bit about personalities. Vettel is "humble", Rubens is "affable", Alonso is "a prick", Hamilton is "spoiled" and Raikonnen was "arrogant". who cares? All that is a sideshow. If he can drive with flair and kick butt on the track, I don't care.

A. Senna was called a control freak, egomaniac, and arrogant prick. What of it? I was not his roommate, so why should I care? He was a special driver.

SignorBenzini

March 14, 2010 1:27 AM

ps: if the ad on this site is to be believed, betting odds for WDC are: Alonso 3.5:1, Vettel 4.5:1, Hamilton 7.2:1, Schu 8.2:1, and Massa 8.8:1.

very interesting.

I like Alonso, too, for the championship but I think Massa might give him a run.