F1 » Ecclestone, Brundle call for fans to 'keep faith' in F1

F1 commercial rights-holder Bernie Ecclestone and BBC F1 commentator Martin Brundle call on drivers, teams and fans to have patience and 'keep the faith' in the top flight's 2010 regulations - despite a curtain-raising Bahrain Grand Prix at Sakhir at the weekend that was blasted as mind-numbing in its boredom

Piercarlogassolini - Unregistered

March 16, 2010 4:10 PM

Well done Bernie, it's taken you thirty years but you've finally done it, and created the most boring sport on earth. For God's sake, and the sake of my sanity, please don't get involved in cricket, I couldn't stand my first love sport to become this banal....

CBee - Unregistered

March 16, 2010 4:21 PM

Not often but I completely agree with what Bernie said about getting outsiders to create the rules.

We are stuck with these rules for the season - if your car works best with one pitstop then why would you agree to 2 mandatory stops.

No refuelling, no tyre changes, better aero.

The drivers STILL don't need to overtake because they are confident they can do it in the stops.

Muggs - Unregistered

March 16, 2010 4:33 PM

I am willing to give it a few more races before I make a decision. The Dubai track has very few overtaking spots and is mostly a 1 line track with the dust from the desert.

rudy in LA - Unregistered

March 16, 2010 4:35 PM

I love it wen the rich owners of anything ask us to "keep the faith." More like, "please keep watching because I really need a LOT of money coming in to support my lifestyle!" Changing the rules every year may be interesting to Bernie, but it does not automatically make for better racing. There's something to be said for leaving things alone for a while so that refinement of techniques and hardware can take place. A clean sheet of paper every year is just stupid. I love F1, but I love it a lot less than I did 3 years ago, and it won't take much more meddling and silliness to make me lose all interest. BTW, who is designing all these stupid track layouts. Are they designed for "safety?" Silly

pp916 - Unregistered

March 16, 2010 4:43 PM

Dull,dull,dull...the perfect accompaniment to a Sunday afternoon nap.........just wish the desperate commentators wouldn't keep shouting when there's really nothing of interest going on, it disturbs my slumber.

JC - Unregistered

March 16, 2010 5:03 PM

Well that's what happens when design F1 rules whilst dressed in Nazi outfits and having orgies, thanks max thanks for the F1 fun genocide.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »