F1 » NYC to replace Indy as USGP host?

Bernie Ecclestone reveals New York dream for F1's US return.

conor - Unregistered

March 26, 2010 7:38 AM

if i wanted to watch slow-ish cars going round the streets id watch the touring cars next bernie will say that they need a gravel track. but if they do race round the streets of manhattan they better not screw it up :)

LeonardM

March 26, 2010 8:24 AM

Well, Bernie wants to take F1 back to that country again. I thought it was obvious that they not really into F1. They like going in circles like in the IRL.

I say Canada is close enough. Bernie should look more east and probably try tapping the untapped African Market.

tom - Unregistered

March 26, 2010 9:14 AM

the site for the track is apparently in Jersey with the Manhattan skyline providing the back drop - its a sight that personally I cannot wait for. I just hope they can provide a Montreal circuit not a Valencia one.

And I'd also be happy to see 20 street circuits more than I would Barcelona.

racerdave - Unregistered

March 26, 2010 10:22 AM

He's smoking crack again. NYC could care less. And if it's in Jersey?? Might as well be in Indy for all the NYC folks care. If it isn't in the city proper, they're not going to turn out. And it will never be in the city proper because the residents would never go for the disruption in their lives.

andrew.

March 26, 2010 10:36 AM

This old story again? I guess the one about a GP in Glasgow will pop up again.

Street circuits don't work in modern F1. Stick to tracks please. I'm sure there are one or two tracks in the Colonies.

Cardinal

March 26, 2010 11:21 AM

WTF is that picture of?
If they run it in New Jersey, they can't call it a New York Grand Prix surely? It's worrying that all Bernie is concerned about (apart from how much money he makes) is what the skyline will look like! Let's have some circuits where you can f***ing RACE!

Groagun - Unregistered

March 26, 2010 4:52 PM

I am 99% sure this will never happen. First, if you are familiar with the real estate market in that part of the world, you know there really isn't a place to race or hasn't been built and can't because that land will be used for housing or commercial space: a street race is just not practical. Yes I know, Monaco, well lets not start on that one. Second, would Americans really show up? I'm not sure they really care in the numbers you might think. Third, with the economy as it is it may be 2-4 years before I would ever think of doing this, will Bernie be around by then? It all sounds great and yes NYC is awesome, I would love to go see a GP there but lets be real.

1 2  »