F1 » McLaren suspend work on new suspension system

We had things we were working on which we have now suspended, says McLaren engineering director, Paddy Lowe.

andrew - Unregistered

April 14, 2010 12:02 PM

It could be that Red Bull's legality is marginal and trying to replicate a similar legal suspension system could be very difficult.

spaghettieddie

April 14, 2010 12:22 PM

I would not be surprised to see Mclaren file some sort of complaint/protest against Red Bull. They must have spent a boat load of cash on dvlpmnt and are possibly a "little" pissed off. If they see anything on the Red Bull that slightly resembles what they might have been developing then the fireworks "me thinks" will begin. No doubt they have some pictures/info but there is always that part you cant see. Horner is either a great poker player or is legit in his protest against anything illegal being used. Looking forward to watching how the Red Bulls qualify this weekend. If there is a differance then.....

DampMongoose - Unregistered

April 14, 2010 12:37 PM

I wonder whether it was all a bluff and Mclaren saying they were developing a system was purely to ensure that the FIA clarify the rules... FIA's new comments about any procedure having an effect on ride height is different to what had been accepted as the rule prior to all this, by making it public it also ensures a reprimand if the Red Bull is found to have any system, even the regassing hydraulics would contravene the ruling etc!

conor - Unregistered

April 14, 2010 12:45 PM

come on crash i've seen this on twitter feeds since last week and its pretty obvious they would as the FIA have said that its against FIA rules to use an electronic device that alters ride height

Alan D - Unregistered

April 14, 2010 12:51 PM

Eddie: "What the heck is this picture being used for?"

I'm glad you asked that question. I was worried that it was just me who couldn't work out what the hell it was supposed to be. When I read the article I was looking at the picture and at first I thought "Surely that's not a new front end of the Mclaren. God those aerodynamics look ugly. And where are the wheels going to go."

richard

April 14, 2010 1:44 PM

eddie, you look at the pictures?????

actually this is a preview of the new mclaren. they have extended the sidepods forward, so as to enclose the front wheels, thus minimising drag. you should see where they have sited the diffuser!

spaghettieddie

April 14, 2010 1:58 PM

@richard, I hate to admit it but I was confused! I sat there staring at that picture thinking "what am I missing here?" I will admit this as well, I actually went back to a different article "with a car" just to make sure I wasnt "losing" it. Ha

1 2 3 4 5 6  »