F1 » Todt pressing for early KERS return

FIA president Jean Todt has confirmed that he wants to see KERS back in F1.

Commodore S - Unregistered

June 04, 2010 1:28 AM

Sunny I think you hit the nail on the head.

This is a further drivers aid which should be frowned upon.

The sport have taken steps to reduce this aspect and does not need a reverse turn.

vmxer - Unregistered

June 04, 2010 5:54 AM

After reading the technical comments here I'm even more convinced KERS is a joke.

Large car manufacturers don't need F1 anymore for technology - most cars are front wheel drive - roads are getting better all the time and road speeds are being reduced.

I would not be surprized if Todt is being swayed by Ferrari.

richard

June 04, 2010 8:03 AM

vmxer. first of all, kers doesnt have to be on rear wheel drive cars only. it is run off drive shafts, front OR rear. secondly, the majority of LARGE and PERFORMANCE cars are now rear wheel drive. incidentally, i like fwd, and see that bmw are starting to use fwd on a bmw branded cars! free power is always appreciated these days!

Taz - Unregistered

June 04, 2010 9:32 AM

@richard

Can't really agree, fact is anyone could be better than Mosley in his later vendetta days, he's certainly not doing much to help WRC.

He did state he's only stand for one term. Nothing has really changed in the background, wait and see.

Taz - Unregistered

June 04, 2010 10:54 AM

@Rchard,

I'm not denying that's what he's saying now but on this very site when he won the 'election' he was quoted as saying:

"I've been urged to write a book," Todt told Italian newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport. “I will, but only after my term as President of the FIA, and it won't just be a book about Ferrari. I'll only stay at the FIA for one term, it's crazy to think Mosley was there for 16 years. I've got other things I want to do, and life's too short."

Taz - Unregistered

June 04, 2010 10:57 AM

@richard

Sorry for the iffy spelling of your name.

I googled a few articles and he did state when he won the election he'd only stay for one term. Once he's had a taste of it like most politicians he'll stay there until he's dragged out by his fingernails....much like the previous UK government.

« 1 2 3