F1 » Fans blame Vettel, Mosley blames Webber

Opinion remains divided over the Red Bull Racing implosion at Istanbul Park, althogh the results of a Crash.net poll appear conclusive....

Filter Comments: All | Registered

jason - Unregistered

June 04, 2010 8:51 PM

The claim that Vettel was clearly "already passed" Webber is inconsistent with the fact that the cars collided. Both drivers are partially to blame, Webber for squeezing Vettel, and Vettel for turning straight into the side of Webber. Vettel's actions contributed far more to the cause of the crash as he could quite easily have made it safely around Webber under those circumstances, and his move left Webber with no time to react to avoid the collision. Webber's move, although perhaps rude against a team mate and risky, was a fair and legal racing move. Vettel thus deserves more of the blame, but I don't feel too sorry for Webber... he was asking for it when he took that line.

Mike - Unregistered

June 04, 2010 10:09 PM

No one is interested in Max's opinion. That's why a major German newspaper asked him for his opinion and why his opinion is now all over the Web and why there are seven pages of posts about his opinion on Crashnet. That must surely rank as conclusive evidence that no one is interested.

So let's all write even more posts saying we are not interested in his opinions, only his sex life.

Me, I'm interested in the issue and would discuss it with anyone including Mosley.

And, BTW, SV was in front - that's why his rear wheel and MW's front wheel made contact (remember the smoke). And if MW had given SV room MW would have had more points and his team would still be leading the Championship.

hayd83 - Unregistered

June 04, 2010 10:25 PM

Vettel was faster but when does just one wheel in front equal a successful pass?? Vettel simply turned into Webber have a look at onboard footage, why should Webber give him or anybody room until they are clearly past?

hayd83 - Unregistered

June 04, 2010 10:33 PM

Dont roll your eyes at me mate, I have been watching attending F1 for 30 odd years so I'm no newbie. Ive seen many similar situations and there is always differing opinions, we can agree to disagree if you like but spare me the sarcasm ok?

spaghettieddie

June 04, 2010 10:39 PM

@hay, You made me laugh my friend,(Dont roll your eyes at me mate) well said. So sorry, not deserved. You are obviously the kind of guy I want next to me at the pub when the sh$# hits the fan. That is obvious. I got rid of him. Cheers Ed

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »