F1 » Hamilton: The rules are the same for everyone

In response to claims from former team-mate Fernando Alonso and his Ferrari team of unfair treatment in last weekend's European Grand Prix in Valencia, Lewis Hamilton contends that if anyone was unfairly penalised, it was him...

California Kid - Unregistered

June 29, 2010 8:32 PM

This is true, but what irks me the most is the implementation of said rules and the rules themselves. Why can't they get a safety car situation right? PLEASE look at the US races and how they handle the safety cars/pace cars whatever. NEVER and issue here.

It's true you followed the directions of race control to the letter and did your job Lewis, you followed it to the letter. Hats off for doin what was needed to be done.

Hmm I guess a Ferrari fan won't die if he compliments Hamilton as I'm still alive.... I should write a book about my experiences on this.

pepik - Unregistered

June 29, 2010 9:04 PM

I think Ferrari men are bitter because they braught a major update for Valencia,and only took home a couple of points. After Turkey and Canada they needed a good result wich did'nt happen due to some bad luck. What annoys me is that Alonso is bitter for Lewis,and that's not a good sign of a top driver. Well that is not news if you think about what happened in the last moments of the 2007 Hungarian qualifying session.Go Lewis you can do it again.

RawDawg

June 29, 2010 9:05 PM

The safety car thing is so simple here in the States.

Wreck happens, yellow comes out, cars slow down, safety car picks up THE LEADER OF THE RACE (not who ever happens to not make it across some line before it enters the circuit), and everyone lines up behind the leader in order.

Firefly

June 29, 2010 9:37 PM

This is why I don't like Hamilton.

He should have just kept quiet knowing he should be happy for keeping that second place. In stead he tries to make an easy score with his 'fans' (read Alonso bashers).

Not classy, Lewis.

MichaelE - Unregistered

June 29, 2010 9:49 PM

@ Firefly I agree with u up to a point. I think some of these driver quotes are taken out of context sometimes. What I've noticed is a lot of these F1 websites like to stir it up to get a reaction out of the people. So, I always take these driver comments with a grain of salt!

:p

107SS2009

June 29, 2010 10:14 PM

Stir it up? My leg, others stirring it up that must be because it doesn't suits you.
L U L U why persist in lies? The rules are supposed to be the same for everybody but the penalties at least the value of them are not.

Timmy - Unregistered

June 29, 2010 10:46 PM

Most, if not all, of what he's quoted as saying here is taken straight from the post race press conference.

I think you're right whoever said these sites like to stir things up. Then again maybe it's just Crash with it's typical 'piece a story together from 3 day old news' approach.

1 2 3 4 5  »