F1 » Summerton chasing Cypher Group deal

Jonathan Summerton talking to the Cypher Group about possible options with F1 wannabes

spaghettieddie

July 06, 2010 2:36 PM

Could we please get this right before we start shooting our mouths off!!!!! Stupid!!!!! We have the resources its a matter of selling the idea to the right people. There are a few other American drivers out there that I would rather see driving an American born F1 car. It can be done!!!!!! And can be successful if the right people are involved.

Yirmin Snipe - Unregistered

July 06, 2010 2:44 PM

"... fellow American's USF1..."

Could we please stop talking about the defunct USF1 as if it were some American creation. The only thing American about it was the place where the BRITISH nutter Windsor tried to set up shop.

In the end, the fact that Jean Todt's son has an interest in ART will likely mean that ART has already gotten the deal. Nothing like a little nepotism to make things fair. :rolleyes:

Piercarlogassolini - Unregistered

July 06, 2010 2:51 PM

Slightly ON topic (no-hope F1 dreamers), I have a great memory but it has failed me beacuse I am trying to recall the following. A team who 'decided' to enter F1 at the Italian GP (mid-80's, maybe late 80's) and applied for a place for (I think) Johnny Ceccotto. The car was a one-year-old Benetton purchased from the factory, and the sponsors had decked it out totally white looking from the left and totally black looking from the right. All great until the FIA pointed out that 'customer cars' had been banned some years before. Anyone remember the team name?

107SS2009

July 06, 2010 3:42 PM

A US formula one team will be good for F1, I cannot imagine anybody being against it, what troubles me is the trend now a days of embarking on a project the size of an F1 team without first having the financial part in place, isn't that system like putting the cart in front of the horse?
Eddie were the hell have you been? This thing at least the driver originates right in Florida and I was looking for you yesterday to confirm the news all this from across the pound and I got a disagree for the trouble.

spaghettieddie

July 06, 2010 3:53 PM

RECOVERING!!!!! TOO MUCH!!!!!! OF THE SAUCE!!!! Did a brake job on my Volvo X/C 90 twin-turbo yesterday. THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR THE BOY TO LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT CARS(remember he is 7). LOL's, he learned when I became frustrated to ask if I need another beer :p. It went well though. Its done! Easier then I thought since it is all-wheel drive. He told me to bring it to the garage next time because of all the cursing......"what the fu$#, who tightened these bolts?" Ha!!!!!!

Sorry off topic, Directed at Sunny!!! Thanks Ed :)

spaghettieddie

July 06, 2010 3:58 PM

Maybe if Austin is a success this will motivate some important "racing" type people to look at F1. Austin is a thriving city with Hi-tech being its main industry. There is money there. Who knows, but like Sunny said, get the financing in order first and then hire the right people. Ed :)

rob01

July 06, 2010 4:23 PM

Here is a company quote off of their web site.
AT THIS POINT WE WOULD LIKE TO ITERATE THAT WE WILL ONLY PLACE AN ENTRY TO COMPETE IN THE 2011 F1 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SHOULD WE FULLY ACHIEVE THE BUDGET WE BELIEVE IS NECESSARY TO DO THIS PROPERLY. WE ARE NOT IN THIS TO EMBARRASS AMERICA, THE FANS OR OURSELVES. WE SIMPLY WANT TO GIVE AMERICA THE SHOT IT DESERVES. WE CAN DO IT, YOU CAN HELP!

spaghettieddie

July 06, 2010 4:44 PM

A good management team with the right connections/driven(into F1) people could pull it off. The money is there. You need to entice the prospective sponsors and make it clear that they have to be in it for the long haul. Find the right people to sell it and it can be done, no doubt about it. There is interest here, and will be more if Austin is in fact going to happen. If I were trying to sell a US sponsered team I need a US race. Work out those details first and then work on the US Team. :)

PS Looks like Bernie(carny fingers) got Tilk his first payment from Tavo. On Autosport.com Bernie is saying that he is 100% sure Austin is happening!! :rolleyes: We shall see! :)

1 2 3  »