F1 » Hamilton: F1 2010 title won't be won at Silverstone

F1 2010 World Championship leader Lewis Hamilton insists it will not be 'the end of the world' if he doesn't win this weekend's British Grand Prix at Silverstone, reflecting that in terms of the title it is 'just another race'

blzbub

July 06, 2010 7:37 PM

nice pr, taking the humble approach, still cant help giving himself a little praise but hey, home gp and top of the pile, red bulls will be out of sight by the time mclaren starts on hanger straight though!

EvenRawerDawg - Unregistered

July 06, 2010 8:21 PM

In other words: "This is really the race I must win. If Button wins it, he is two up on me, one for bags of points and the other for British bragging rights. Moreover, I win here and that is the best way to shut this Alonso prick up for good. I really might not win though, so, you know what, let me do a Lorenzo and make all those false noises about how it really doesn't matter if I don't win, the championship is long, bla bla. That way I sound all tactical and mature, when inside I feel like a there is a brick in my you know what!"

thesoreloser

July 06, 2010 10:21 PM

@ Joes I'm a fan of LH but he's getting to be a bit like Mansell who I always rated as well. They're the mutts nuts all the time they are behind the steering wheel but it's only when they take their helmets off that you start to think STFU.

107SS2009

July 06, 2010 11:56 PM

Maybe he have changed his mind and not going to demolish the opposition or maybe it downed on him that most of the support he was shown up to last year was a conveyance sort of support “they couldn't do otherwise” but now that another English man is in with a chance they are showing him where the heart really beats.

Makaveli Lives - Unregistered

July 07, 2010 12:06 AM

@107, I don't understand your point. What do you mean "they couldn't do otherwise"? The British fans had Jenson to cheer last year if they wanted. So what makes this year any different?

107SS2009

July 07, 2010 12:21 AM

Because that (he) was the only hope they had so they couldn't do otherwise, but now that there is another hope! last year when Button was winning it with Brawn it was the same with them (there was still something missing in it)

Piercarlogassolini - Unregistered

July 07, 2010 9:40 AM

I was fortunate enough last night to get an insight into MCLaren's current state of play through a conversation with a friend who works there. It was only a brief conversation but he says he has never seen focus like he sees now, and he thinks it's because this year they feel they are fighting a genuinely excellent car and team (Red Bull) rather than a good team who gambled on a design feature and got lucky (Brawn, and note he never said they cheated!). They could almost excuse themselves last year but not this!

Cardinal

July 07, 2010 11:11 AM

It really tees me off that whenever Crash put up a Hamilton quote and make it a 'story', idiots come on here and say he should just shut up and drive. So what's he meant to do when he's interviewed? Do a Kimi and say nothing? (for which you all slated Kimi) or answer the questions honestly (for which he gets slated) He can't win with you guys.
He's right, the title won't be won at Silverstone. It will be a good measure though of how far Macca have caught up with RBR.

1 2  »