F1 » POLL: Will Michael Schumacher quit at season's end?

As mediocre performance follows mediocre performance in F1 2010, the knives are now well-and-truly out for record-breaking multiple world champion Michael Schumacher - but will the German legend really curtail his celebrated comeback two years early..?

JP - Unregistered

July 15, 2010 4:32 PM

I don't see him quitting either.

If he'd quit, frankly I'd consider him as a total loser. In that case, what, did he think he was just going to waltz back to the F1 and the champion's his straight away?! I don't think so.
I know I'm pretty much alone with this opinion, but I think Schumi's done quite well considering he's been out of F1 for years. Mercedes is what it is this season.

Marty Harris - Unregistered

July 15, 2010 4:44 PM

I wish you guys would lay off the crap tabloid approach to F1 news. Take a few choice quotes from a predictable source (JYS), add some lurid speculation (Raikkonen), blend with debatable opinion masquerading as fact ("mediocre"), ignore completely the latest words from the other side, and presto, a considered Crashnet piece.

I've been a working journalist for 30 years and I can spot what's going on a mile off. It's not good to make it so obvious that you assume most of your readers are idiots.

rob01

July 15, 2010 4:47 PM

Then don't comment or read the reprints. It's that simple. Go back to the web site that floats your boat. Or better yet start your own site with all the years of your knowledge.

Marty Harris - Unregistered

July 15, 2010 5:10 PM

Well pardon me rob01, but I thought this was an F1 news site of some standing, not some entertainment site designed to fuel the frenzy of the fantasy-loving mob.

And some people, believe it or not, prefer their news providers to be fair, accurate and reflective of all viewpoints. Once people devote themselves to a site that "floats their boat" they cease being useful. Thinking people understand they need to be monitoring all facts and views and revising opinions accordingly.

rob01

July 15, 2010 5:21 PM

It appears all but you understand the function of most internet sites. HITS. The news has never been touted as hot off the press or original. They just provide topics for the fans to spout off about. And lastly there are NO news sites that provide clear and unbias news. There is always a agenda. Crash makes it easy for all to participate unlike some sites where monitors and such dictate what can and can't write.

dorisnutscrubber - Unregistered

July 15, 2010 5:35 PM

I think he'll stay,it looks like raikkonen will stay in rallying for next year and i think old norbi was sounding raikkonen out for 2012 if schumacher doesn't make the grade next year.

If i was heidfeld i'd start looking elsewhere for a drive because its obvious mercedes don't want him if norbi's been talking to raikkonen.

rob01

July 15, 2010 5:39 PM

Yes, if I were Nick I would be moving quickly. They didn't even retain Button as a defending WDC so why would they honor a test driver. Just holding him off the market. Only later to say they loved him and wanted him to stay. Haug recent actions at this photo shoot with Kimi should be the writing on the wall. Run Nick run.

1 2 3  »