F1 » Mateschitz insists: There must be no bias at Red Bull

Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz has waded into the latest PR disaster to engulf Red Bull Racing in F1 2010, insisting there must be no favouritism within the team, that the drivers will continue to be allowed to both speak their minds and duel it out on-track - and that 'the pits must not interfere'

spaghettieddie

July 19, 2010 5:01 PM

"The Wizard of Oz" has finally come out from behind his curtain. Its about time he showed his face!!! I like his comments as well. He needs to take control of the situation. Lets hope everyone is listening, MARKO!!!!!

Flyfishing1

July 19, 2010 5:34 PM

Elsewhere MR RedBull stated that management made mistakes.
"Our management was not diplomatic and perhaps not correct," he admitted, albeit insisting that Webber's 'number 2' comment after winning at Silverstone was also "unnecessary".

"But, on the other side, Mark did nothing wrong.
formula-one.speedtv.com I wonder how long it will be before some changes are made at RBR re: management??

NutBallRacer

July 19, 2010 6:47 PM

Very interesting comments. More interesting will be the response of Marko and especially Horner.

And the comments by Vettel on "finding out about" his teammate, and previous ones on how he was raised - I presume he is trying to up his own moral position by taking down Webber's. That is classic Continental character - double standard! I can never be a fan of Vettel again. The day I see a athlete pronouncing his mannerly upbringing and moral high ground despite obvious conflict with his very public behavior, is the day I'm done wishing him any kind of luck at all. He's just off my scale. I don't have time to dislike him, I'm totally indifferent. He's just a non-entity to me.

stone - Unregistered

July 19, 2010 11:12 PM

Possibly the most telling comment here is "the pits must not interfere", this I believe is a thinly veiled reference to the RBR management.

Dietrich was at Silverstone and would have got a first hand look at the goings on plus the added cheers from the crowd when Vettel knocked himself out on the first lap.

Being a PR minded operator, he would of seen the enmity of the people who buy his product and has obviously let management know behind the scenes that this cannot continue.

I like how he has said the drivers can race and speak their mind, which I think is a clue to where he has put the blame. So Horner should get his hands untied and Marko, a much needed drop in control.

1 2 3  »