F1 » Massa: Monza won’t be easy

Felipe Massa predicts a tough Monza race for Ferrari

andrew.

September 03, 2010 7:00 PM

I bow to no-one, and I have never been removed from that site. A particular Merc fan on the otherhand....

I particularly like the way you have a go at my off topic post but not your bud's that I refer to. But of all posts, yours is the most off topic. Better watch yer feet with all the glass around.

Anyway here's an on topic comment:

Massa hasn't got a hope unless Alonso messes up like in Spa. Nothing negative towards Massa, but the team favour the one who brings the massive bag of Spanish bank money.

andrew.

September 03, 2010 7:10 PM

Yeah whatever the track doesn't look too great! There I said it!

I can see massa and Smedley leaving at the end of the year, possibly for Renault. It's a shame but Ferrari is no longer the team it was.

rob01

September 03, 2010 7:22 PM

Yes Ferrari have come up with nothing this year. I thought FA was the king of speed and updates. So far this year Ferrari has taken a blown diffuser,flex wing and fduct from other teams. Looks like FA is good for picking others ideas/manuals as usual.

she - Unregistered

September 03, 2010 7:30 PM

I'm fed up with Ferrari and it's drivers. Are those men responsible, I don't think so. Sportsmen- definitely NO! All they are really good at is grumbling.

she - Unregistered

September 03, 2010 7:39 PM

rob, I have the same opinion.
This year only RBR and McLaren have sth to say, the rest is copy. I have no idea what they have been doing, certainly not working on their own updates. I wrote about it some time ago.
I hope RBR or McLaren will grab well deserved laurels.

California Kid - Unregistered

September 03, 2010 9:25 PM

Ferrari has the nifty rims as pictured in this article. The only reason that nothing was further said about it was because the teams CANNOT copy it as the wheels have to be homologated for the season. Ferrari also had the largest volume diffuser in the pack at the beginning of the season I believe as well. That may have since changed with the floor melting spec diffusers we have now.

Nigel K

September 03, 2010 10:51 PM

rob01, I was always of the impression that the design of the car, modifications, additions, innovation and evolvement was the sole domain of the designers and the engineers and not the drivers.
I fail to see your point, when you stated that the king of set-up and updates failed to come up with improvements and that he is only good to copy somebody else's designs and ideas.
I taught that when this happened the culprit owned up and came out clean with his admition and was fined $100M by the FIA.
Given a fast car with no more interefernce and envy from some other team like McLaren, I'm sure Fernando will deliver the goods in the remaining races.
Up to now he has been strangled with some very bad strategic and tactical shortcomings by the team.

« 1 2 3 4  »