F1 » BBC F1 to ditch Jonathan Legard...for Charlie Cox?

Speculation is beginning to swirl that Jonathan Legard's days in the BBC F1 commentary box are numbered, with Martin Brundle eyeing a different partner for 2011 - current MotoGP presenter Charlie Cox

Rick - Unregistered

September 15, 2010 12:57 PM

Please for the love of god not Charlie Cox his 1 of the worst commentators around he does't know what he talks about his worse then James Allen.

Del - Unregistered

September 15, 2010 12:59 PM

Yes Yes Yes please get that annoying ozzie idiot off of Moto GP, he is the only reason I don't watch it on the Beeb, give him to F1 where the racing is as flat as his commentry.

rbr46

September 15, 2010 1:05 PM

This is great news I like motogp so we might get a good commentator next year. But the bad new is I also like f1 so a win loss situation here. Well looks like I am going to use the mute button on my remote a lot more now.

I Win - Unregistered

September 15, 2010 1:05 PM

Haha, isn't this the guy that was so hated in the Australian version of Top Gear that most people couldn't stand to watch the cast trawl through awful attempts at humour that were broadcast from the far side of the universe.

Surely this is a good argument to allow human cloning so we can make another Brundle.

RD350LC - Unregistered

September 15, 2010 1:09 PM

What?? I for one quite like Legard & think the F1 commentary team is spot on
As for Cox cant they just send him back to Aus, on the few occasions i have had no choice but to watch motogp on the BBC
I would turn the sound off because of him & Parish (who as a commentator makes a good racer)

JJJ - Unregistered

September 15, 2010 1:11 PM

Not a fan of Leggard. I'm from the Netherlands and I watch F1 on BBC now since last year because the coverage is uninterupted as opposed to the Dutch coverage on F1 which is on RTL. I also like the preshow with Jake, DC and even EJ, though the RTL one isn't bad either. However, when the quali or race starts (particularly quali somehow) I would definitely skip to RTL if it weren't for the commercials. The commentary by Olav Mol is just more lively...And he didn't know anything about F1 when he started in '91.

I don't really know this Cox guy, but I've watched 2 or 3 MotoGP races on BBC and if he is who I think he is he's at least an enthousiastic fellow. Could pair up nicely with Brundle. And his accent is easier on the ears, I feel bad about knocking his commentary about this, but still: Williams haven't won in 5 jurrrsss. It gets annoying. Eventhough (because?) I'm not a native english speaker.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »