F1 » Vettel wins in Japan as Red Bull dominate

Red Bull Racing's Sebastian Vettel claims his third win of the season in Japan followed home by his team-mate, Mark Webber.

FreeJack - Unregistered

October 10, 2010 10:08 AM

I wish I could like Vettel, I just don't. I really want to see Webber take the championship this year, just because I know we're in for the Sebastian Vettel show for years to come...

Nigel K

October 10, 2010 11:46 AM

The only consolation for this race was simply because the qualifying session was held and the race started with a properly constituted grid.
The race itself was boring from start to finish.
The McLarens were out of contention all weekend.
Fernando and Ferrari could only hope for third place in Suzuka and they got it.
And the RBR's administered the race according to their grid position from start to finish.
As far as mark Webber was concerned finishing 1st, 2nd or 3rd, he was going to keep his points lead anyway and RBR wanted a 1 -2 finish to secure the CC for this season so upsetting the applecart was not an option.
A procession if ever I've seen one during an F1 race, but it just suited the teams.
The McLarens should thank their lucky stars for finishing 4th and 5th.

Jagworth - Unregistered

October 10, 2010 12:05 PM

I'm with you Freejack, and when the egotistical little twerp radioed in to find out about what fastest lap time he needed to set .... and then Webber pipped it on the last lap I just laughed so long and loud. Vettel IS quick but oh that unlikeable ego - I just so want Webber to whip him this year and win the WDC. Thereafter Vettel can 1 finger his way to all the records he wants, I won't care.

heckler

October 10, 2010 12:19 PM

i too am with you freejack. unfortunately i am a vettel fan, but i agreee, we are going to see alot of him in the future. not just because of his talent but because he's been groomed that way. no excuse. he will be marketed as the next ms. i just wish i could see if he really has it & pass someone without hitting them. haven't seen the race yet as i unfortunately live in the us. on a lighter note i see the motogp race was a good 1. i'll catch that later today too. cheers to all, its 7am here & i already cracked a cold 1 & look forward to the racing today. all the best!

richard

October 10, 2010 1:32 PM

jagworth. so what if seb wanted to set a fastest lap? he had plenty in hand. but i reckon that webber was playing games on the last lap. but isn't it nice to see two teammates having the opportunity to have a bit of fun with each other?
webber needs to do something about his starts, if he hopes to retain his lead. if seb wins the next three races, and webber is second, the title is sebs

MichaelE

October 10, 2010 1:53 PM

@ FreeJack I don't think so! Their will be no "finger" shows for years to come! F1 is too unpredictable and too even nowadays! It would ruin the sport to see another Schumacher like driver on the grid! Vettel is good. I just don't think he's Schumacher good!

Rattlehead

October 10, 2010 2:33 PM

I'd like to change the subject a bit,if that's okay.
I can't fault the podium finishers,but who was everybody's driver of the day?I would have to say Kobayashi because of those entertaining passes.Pity he's in a mediocre car!

1 2 3  »