F1 » 'Cursed' Massa escapes penalty

Felipe Massa: I think I was really cursed today! This morning in qualifying, because of traffic, I failed to get into Q3. This afternoon in the race, I didn't even manage to get through the first two corners.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

James Montgomery

October 10, 2010 12:56 PM

I'm sorry but Massa is my reject of the race..... this "traffic" he is on about was miles ahead and got out the way in the final chicane without hampering his time.... unless I missed something else.

And at the start, looking onboard, he wasnt even beside Rosberg when he went to the grass..... he caused that accident by himself.

I repeat what I said on a previous post... Massa has not been as competitive since his accident and he is doing a poor job of backing up Alonso in the championship.

Oh how I wish I could interfear with the phone line to hear what demontezemolo has to say tonight!

richard

October 10, 2010 1:36 PM

james, the cars were bunched up, and flip was alongside rosberg, but he went too far on to the grass, and went out of control.

but yes, he has had bad luck this year, but it is just one of those things. he is just as brave and as good a driver as before his accident. hopefully the bad luck will not continue into next year, and we see the old flip, again.

Dee - Unregistered

October 10, 2010 1:39 PM

I like Massa and wish him well, but he really is proving to be the slowest driver of the top 4 teams. It's not leaving him very many options. The way things are going, he'll either have to play Alonso's lap dog next season or make way for someone faster.

qwerty - Unregistered

October 10, 2010 3:05 PM

If they penalise Petrov (they have) then they need to give the same thing to Massa.

I bet he actually cried in front of the Stewards to try and weasel his way out of yet another **** up and avoid sanction.

OZF1Fan - Unregistered

October 10, 2010 4:11 PM

Petrov did get a penalty and Massa did not... Sure, he drives a yellow car, not an scarlet one. Guess in F1 justicie is seen only trough a red-colored glass...

Drive Massa, Drive! - Unregistered

October 10, 2010 4:30 PM

I hear those who are somewhat critical of Massa. F1 is the showcase event of Motorsport and right at the sharp end of the grid, at the sharp end of a fantastic season, the top 5 contenders are proving their real worth with blow and counter blow, attack and counter attack. Massa should be in the mix, since he's driving a Ferrari, which is now joint second in the table. He needs to push hard for the team now and stop looking so miserable every time he's interviewed.

Or maybe he's still skulking in the corner for some reason, feeling sorry for himself? Domenicali might want to keep him, but the Ferrari President might have other ideas?