F1 » Berger: Webber tried to take out a title rival in Korea

In an extraordinary claim, former grand prix star Gerhard Berger has accused Red Bull Racing's Mark Webber of trying to take out one of his F1 2010 title rivals in last weekend's inaugural Korean Grand Prix

Filter Comments: All | Registered

paul from down under - Unregistered

October 27, 2010 9:09 PM

berger would know all about dirty tactics, he was team mate to the worst of them all at mclaren in the early 90's and I bet he said nothing then, just another has been driver frustrated that he never lived up to his early promise and spent the last half of his career as a cruise and collect that old age pension driver. whats wrong gerhard doesn't the spot light shine on you anymore? what a pathetic cry for attention, grow up!!!

Calum - Unregistered

October 27, 2010 10:22 PM

During and after the race i thought nothing of it.

After reading an article about it bieng a possibilty Webber tried to pull something off like it on crash.net it got me thinking about it

After discussing it and analysing the video i then agian thought nothing of it.

Then after reading the berger claim on CRASH.NET agian... i thought bullshit... and you can tell everyone else who publishes on their websites thinks it's bull**** too since f1fanatic,f1.com,bbc f1 and many others havnt mentioned it...f1fanatic did post Horners response to these silly claims though...

And i'm a hammy fan - the one guy who webber would have been aiming to take out if he was trying to.

Johny - Unregistered

October 27, 2010 11:51 PM

Berger has told us what is the way he thinks - what he would have done himself if he was in Webbers shoes.
Spoiled one thinks everybody think like him and crash kid :)

over2u

October 27, 2010 11:53 PM

love the way how every one thinks Webber is auditioning for a part as one on the vestal virgins - of course the vettel incident proved to be beneficial as was the Hamilton encounter a few races ago and yet every one seems to ignore an ex GP winner and Rosberg's (the driver following him - right behind him - best possible seat on the track - dare I say, ask the question "why"& "question" Webbers action) comments .
So I guess the order of the day is for all to bury there heads in the sand and expose there thinking parts !

Donnie Brasco - Unregistered

October 28, 2010 12:03 AM

When the accident happened, I thought that Webber had tried to "catch" one of his championship rivals by letting his car go back across the track. In car footage made me think again, as his o/s/f wheel wasn't moving - hence I thought that he had his brakes on. However another look from trackside footage showed that the o/s/f wheel was in the air due to suspension damage - so it wouldn't have been moving.

Its a bit of a conspiracy theory, but I think that Berger is right. Over2u is right, Rosberg thought that same thing and he had a front row seat. I don't blame Webber, in the heat of the moment we can all make silly decisions. I don't hold it against him, I still want him to win the Championsip as he's been the most consistant driver along with Alonso. However, Alonso has already won a title so I would like Webber to win this time - he does deserve it.

Samuel - Unregistered

October 28, 2010 12:35 AM

... no room for argument, it most certainly was Fernando he was after. I expected Mark would stay off the brakes, try rolling backward as quickly as possible, in hope of backing into Fernando, and taking him out. Or, perhaps Nico might carom off his chassis, and take-out Fernando. Had it been turn 14, not turn 12, Mark might just have pulled it off. Mark Webber, when all he needed to do, be conservative -- choked. In the most embarrassing way he possibly could, squandering an insurmountable lead, deliberately backing into Nico, Mark Webber is now reduced, to the laughing stock of F1 - asj.

Alan D - Unregistered

October 28, 2010 12:57 AM

Dommie: "trackside footage showed that the o/s/f wheel was in the air due to suspension damage"

I presume by o/s/f you mean offside front,... but which is the offside and which is the nearside in an F1 car?

JOHN - Unregistered

October 28, 2010 1:50 AM

Berger, a great driver but not exactly a legend...These suggestions (that Webber deliberately tried to take out another driver(s))don't add up, I could be wrong. I am baffled and confused.........please help....Berger is Austian, Vettel is German, Alonso is Spannish, Webber is Australian, I am now even more confused and baffled...........

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »