F1 » Hamilton: The 'what ifs' don't matter – we're focussed on 2011!

Firmly intent on looking ahead rather than behind, Lewis Hamilton insists the 'what ifs' of F1 2010 are now academic - as he warns Red Bull Racing that he and McLaren-Mercedes will be out to steal their thunder next year

Alan D - Unregistered

November 18, 2010 12:56 PM

Its a shame that there are only three cars capable of winning races. At the start of the season I was optimistic that Renault might get at least one win, likewise for Mercedes, and thought there was a good chance that maybe a Williams could pick up a surprise win. As it turned out, a Williams getting a pole position was the only surprise.

I also thought we could have up to 10 drivers winning races, those being the two Ferraris, two Mclarens, two Red Bulls, two Mercedes, Kubica, and possibly a win in unusual circumstances from someone like Rubens, Sutil or even Kobayashi. Massa probably could have won Hockenheim, but outside the top six, the others just didn't look likely.

Strangely, if we'd had BErnie's gold medal system to encourage drivers to drive for wins, we'd still have exactly the same result in the top five. Alonso and Vettel both have five wins, two second places, but Vettel has three thirds to Alonso's two.

richard

November 18, 2010 1:52 PM

alan. yes, williams was the real surprise. even though hulk is a good driver, i felt that using a cossie would be a real handicap. however, all credit to cosworth, they seem to have produced a half decent engine. but i suppose that their continual developement will be slowed down a bit now. the three tail end teams, should have been able to produce a better result, so obviously their engineering / design is abyssimal. koba? i am still unsure of him. yes he has had some amazing drives, and can overtake, but he seems to be a bit of a loose canon, and may be involved in a bad accident before long. hope not though. roll on next year, new rules, new cars, new tyres etc.

jose - Unregistered

November 18, 2010 2:59 PM

Lewis is spot on, this what-if, I could have, Luck, or any other who shot John thing is pure, Bull. That was yesterday.
That type of noise has no bearing on what will happen in 2011.

Jose

jose - Unregistered

November 18, 2010 3:04 PM

@ richard,
Had some amazing drives, and can overtake, but he seems to be a bit of a loose canon, and may be involved in a bad accident before long. hope not....WHAT, Who.........

Surely you must be referring to that # uno driver at Mercedes, or maybe I just missed
what really happened this season..

Jose

Calvin _

November 18, 2010 3:43 PM

Alan D, hopefully Mercedes and Renault will get there next year. If not, it will be a disaster for them. It is a shame that Williams didn't keep Hulkenburg. He is the future. I can understand the RB position, needing the development input, and Maldonado to provide the funding to develop the car. Still a shame.

Tealeaf - Unregistered

November 18, 2010 11:54 PM

Shamilton: blah blah blah blah what if alonso didn't scare me off the track two races in a row and out raced me? Blah blah blah blah blah who cares if I can't beat vettel in a straight fight even when the car's quick enough, I will win the 2011 championship, I'm invincible because clearly in Korea everyone was scared to race apart from me, rosberg overtook me because his car is better, I don't need glock's help next year even if vettel did overtake me in a torro rosso I don't care I'm the best in the dry, wet maybe even on ice

Powerline 2008 - Unregistered

November 19, 2010 2:45 AM

Mercedes & Renault will certainly be stronger in 2011. Lotus may be faster with the new Renault engines & Red Bull gear boxes. Lotus will likely to be able to take on Williams but unlikely to match the top 5 teams.

good season - Unregistered

November 19, 2010 11:41 AM

Why does Hammy feel the need to give an interview every couple of days? I'm just wondering aloud...no harm done...before his fanboys respond with an attack lol

Also, next season will be even more open and exciting for fans, if Ross Brawn has been hard at work developing the 2011 car...and Michael and Nico can get right in the mix! Don't rule it out.

1 2  »