F1 » Ricciardo to drive for Toro Rosso in Friday practice in 2011

The uncertainty surrounding Daniel Ricciardo's future has been cleared up, with Scuderia Toro Rosso announcing that it will run the young Australian in FP1 practice sessions in F1 2011

richard

November 27, 2010 2:23 PM

adie (i presume that it is you again!). how am i stirring up a hornets nest? read my previous posts. for about a year, i have been saying that ricciardo is a talent, and i also suggested that a test seat in str would be a sensible move! seems that dietrich listened to me! and yes, seeing that he is an aussie, i said that i hope that he is less mmody than webber. so what? webbers moods lost him the wdc this year.

hatredshines - Unregistered

November 27, 2010 8:03 PM

@richard
You have a problem with Webber we get it. But do you need to slag him of every chance you get? Webber is a good guy who was being shafted by his team and spoke out. That's what fair dinkum Australians do. It can inspire hatred from the small.
Anyway...

richard

November 27, 2010 9:51 PM

hatred shines (odd name!) i have NO trouble with webber, but can only assess him on what he does and says throughout the year. in past years he did not shine, but last year he upped his game. but fell away towards the end of the year. he did exactly the same this year, but compounded it by constantly criticising his employer. not the best way to gain support. during the year, i was warming to him, as he was showing some spirit. but he made a number of mistakes, including slow starts, which affected his chances. these were SELF INFLICTED. lulu did similar, but alonso and vettel responded far better to the pressure. you are obviously aussie,and you seem to have some hatred towards me,(for expressing my opinion) but i have no hatred for anyone, and i object to your insinuation that i am "small". i am actually 6 ft!

DontTalkShite

November 28, 2010 1:48 AM

Richard, I think he was insinuating you're small minded! I must say though, I think there is a perception that MW criticised his 'employer' all year. This is not true. He spoke out after the now famous Turkey and 'wing' incidents. As an employer myself, I would hope my employees can share their thoughts and issues with me. MW did not run to the media with these criticism. As for Daniel, good luck to him. Toro Rosso should drop him straight in. He would do a better job than either Buemi or Alguesari(yeah I know but it's a friggin hard name to spell)

DontTalkShite

November 28, 2010 8:19 AM

I believe after SV gave him the bird (for all the world to see) in Turkey, followed by the now famous "not bad for a No. 2 driver" comment at Silverstone, the media jumped on it. I don't believe MW ran to the media or aired anything unneccessarily or out of line.

Naysayer(not Adie)! - Unregistered

November 28, 2010 9:07 AM

Richard,since I first visited this forum,you have stood out with your frequently disparaging comments intended(in my opinion) to stir up the pot and get responses from those who perceive those they support have been slighted.Nothing particularly wrong with that but unfortunately it does tend to leave you sounding rather pompous and supercilious!(Just my opinion that is!)

1 2  »