F1 » FIA reveals F1 engine, team orders and tyre changes

F1's governing body the FIA has unveiled a raft of regulation changes for the coming seasons, from the abolition of the team orders ban to the introduction of 'greener', 1.6-litre turbocharged engines

arcuid

December 13, 2010 5:19 PM

I check this site every day along with a few others and the over riding comments on all are from the UK.

Posted by Equator180 - Unregistered (1 day 13 hours

Ahem! I'm not from the UK and what the hell is a Ferreri.

richard

December 13, 2010 7:07 PM

sunny, yes i have a netbook with me.

i was given a 1,6 turbo 4 cylinder car, by the hire company. and it also has 4 wheel drive. and it is made by the owners of ferrari!! i am being used as a test driver. pity it is a diesel and has FIAT PANDA on the back! incidentally, the head of vw/porsche, has said that if they ever come back, it would be as porsche.

107SS2009

December 14, 2010 2:48 AM

Richard, I am sure you will do a good job as a test driver for the owners of FERRARI, that 1.6l turbo diesel was the first family of engines to use a common rail injection system and later on the first to use a multi jet system (up to five injections) but it would have been interesting if you was given their new innovation (the new twin air engine) a system that might have use in F1 with a turbo engine.
As for Porsche I have no doubt that it will be them if it materializes.

Hairpin - Unregistered

December 14, 2010 3:11 AM

@ 107SS2009 Here is a section from the official statement posted on Formula 1 Official web site.

“The WMSC approved the introduction of a new specification engine from 2013, underlining the FIA's commitment to improving sustainability and addressing the needs of the automotive industry,” explained the FIA. “Following dialogue with the engine manufacturers and experts in this field, the power units will be four cylinders, 1.6 litre with high pressure gasoline injection up to 500 bar.

There is no mention of Turbo's anywhere, and I also visit many sites, the only place is Here.

I'm pleased to see posters on other sites (F1 Fanatic for example) are as equally puzzled by this as me.
The 500 PSI came from Autosport but has now been altered to 500 bar.?

107SS2009

December 14, 2010 4:35 PM

Hairpin, I have tried to help as best I can (answering your questions).
In some it looks I managed (500psi typo) but re the turbo it looks I didn't.
That the engines are going to be 1.6l turbocharged is what I read on many sites I visit.
That you visit many F1 sites is a good thing I recommend that to everybody, overtime one will start noticing mistakes, misquotes, biasness, false/mistaken assumptions (including technical) all this by professional writers, and when one gets up to this point one will learn a lot.
I am conversant with f1 fanatic and can tell you that some over there gats puzzled very easy indeed.

gled - Unregistered

January 12, 2011 2:25 PM

Bad news changing the rule, i don't want to get excited about a driver getting in a front position only to see him getting told to back off so as to let the other team member pass, thats not racing thats nothing more than a team sport event, football, mens relay racing, if thats how the FIA want it then all teams at the start of the season name their drivers 1-2 that would cause some trouble methinks Webber?? As fo reducing pollution dropping engines from 2-6 to 1-6 litres won't make a scrap of differance more effective if you bused the fans to the track

paul bronger - Unregistered

January 24, 2011 3:33 PM

Wake up KGBVD polution and carbon emissions are not allways the same thing.F1 engines are some of the cleanest engines in the world.If its too loud and too dirty for you, may I suggest you and all the lukewarm part time F1 fans go and watch peddle car racing.

« 8 9 10 11 12